43

Both our bodies were covered in a thin layer of sweat, our breathing still increased and our hearts still racing. Neither of us moved as we laid on our back and stared at the ceiling, naked and vulnerable. I wanted to say so many things but I didn't. I gave him time to process and he did the same for me.

We were each other's firsts after they left. I was his first since he lost Sam, he was my first since Thomas walked out on me. But he was everything that Thomas was not, even in bed everything was so different, so new. He was only my second and I know he had lost count. Everything that had become so normal to him, was new to me and that made me feel so much more vulnerable and inexperienced. But he made me feel safe, he made sure I was comfortable at all times and took it just as slow as I needed to.

He was so much more than Thomas ever was.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked when he had regained control over his breathing rhythm. I turned my head to look at him and he was already looking at me.

"More than okay. Are you?" I asked with a smile and he nodded before turning to lay on his side. He placed his hand on the side of my face before connecting our lips again. Compared to the heated make out session before, this was so much sweeter, softer and more gentle. I smiled softly while I kissed him back. "It's a good thing Olivia is with Jackie now." I said and he let out a loud laugh and I watched him with a smile.

"Yeah, it's a very good thing." He replied softly and I smiled before sitting up and looking at the items of clothing that were spread around the room.

"Do you still want to take a shower before we go sleep?" I asked and he nodded softly. "I'll just use the one in the guest room." I added and when I wanted to get up, he held onto my wrist and pulled me back down. He sat up too and when he connected his lips to my bare shoulder, leaving a trail of soft kisses, I had to bite down on my lip to shut myself up.

"We should think about the environment and shower together to save water." He mumbled after leaving yet another hickey. I let out a laugh at his comment and turned to look at him.

"That might have been the best excuse I've ever heard." I said to him before placing the palm of my hand against the stubble on his cheeks. I connected our lips gently and he kissed me back immediately, our never ending fight for dominance just continuing from earlier. "Just a shower, nothing more." I said when I broke the kiss. He nodded before getting up and walking over to the big closet. He pulled out boxers for himself before handing me a shirt that belonged to him. "Thank you." I replied before gathering my underwear from the ground. I followed him to his bathroom and placed the items of clothing beside his.

He made me turn around so my back was facing him before he took the bottle of shampoo and I smiled so widely when he decided to wash my hair. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the feeling of his finger tips massaging the shampoo in my hair. His soft voice was filling the bathroom, singing songs I didn't even know. He didn't say a word but neither did I.

We enjoyed each other's presence, shared sweet kisses and soft laughs. This moment with him was just perfect and I wanted it to stay like this forever.

But he ended up turning off the water and got out of the shower first to quickly get two towels. I watched him as he walked away from me, the lines of my nails across his back and when he turned around, I saw the hickies covering his neck and collarbone. "Are you admiring your work?" He asked with a soft grin before handing me my towel.

"I might be." I replied while I wrapped the towel around my body. He was patiently waiting until it was wrapped around me so he could reach over and remove the hair that was covering my shoulders. "It's a good thing I don't have anything planned for the day." I whispered as he let his fingers run over the bruises that were already forming on my neck. He laughed softly while he kept his eyes on them and his touch so soft that it was driving me insane.