7

I don't often work at the store but due to two employees falling out sick all of a sudden, I took over. But when you walked in and your eyes laid on me, you made sure to bring her to the other side of the shop. You wanted to prevent that I would come over to you to take your order. You knew the way the shop worked, you've worked here often too when we were down an employee.

You knew how high the chance was of running into me when coming here on a weekend day. I went back to the counter and got the order ready of the table I had just been to.

"Thomas!" Amber shouted excited when she walked over to you. I watched the way your face changed into fear. Your girl looked at you confused, before looking at Amber with a smile but when she put her arms around your shoulders, everything changed quickly. "I missed you so much, when are you coming over for dinner again and why are you never here with Elle anymore?" I wanted to shout her back but my feet were frozen and my body was unable to move. Two more waitresses stood behind me and watched them. I should have told her but I didn't. She loved you so much that I was afraid she would blame me.

I watched how your face changed into utter fear and surprise when your girl was starting to get impatient. She wanted answers and she didn't know who I was. She didn't know you cheated on me.

Somehow my feet suddenly moved, I fast paced over to Amber and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Amber, can you come help us in the kitchen?" I asked her to pull her away from the table and she nodded before waving at you and walking to the kitchen but when I wanted to follow her, I got stopped.

"Aren't you Thomas' old roommate?" She asked me and it took me a second to turn around. You used the most logical lie to explain why my stuff was in our apartment. I could tear down your new relationship in a matter of minutes now.

"I am" I said while I looked at her, my eyes darted over to the evident baby bump and they never moved to Thomas. I could tear everything down but this kid deserves a father.

"How fun! Would it be okay for your boss if you sit with us for a second? So you guys can catch up and I can hear the stories of you and Thomas." She said with a smile. And for the first time I looked at Thomas, who seemed relieved I replied yes but terrified that I would break. Terrified of what I might say.

"I don't have much time, sorry." I said quickly before walking to the back. I took off my apron as soon as I was in the locker room for the employees and exited through the back entrance.

I just ran out and tried to run down the street but I didn't get any further than 5 blocks before being stopped by someone. I pulled away and they let me go but I could still hear the steps behind me when I walked to the front of my apartment block. I tried to get up the stairs but tripped on the last one and hit the pavement hard.

"Fuck are you alright?" He asked and I had prepared myself for having to face you but I didn't. I sat down on my ass and he looked at me. No darkness in his eyes but just worry.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I said to him and he helped me on my feet carefully.

"I hope this is where you live because otherwise I'm going to have to improvise to help you out." He said while he looked at my knee that was bleeding.

"I'm fine, you can go." I said to him rather harsh but he shook his head. I couldn't look at him anymore, I was too scared I might break. That I would tell him my about my darkness before I could figure out his.

"I've been an asshole to you but you just ran out of your mom's store, crying and almost ran me over without even noticing. You almost got hit by a car too when crossing the street and then you tripped on the steps infront of your apartment." He said and I never realised I almost ran him over, or even the car. "I'm leaving once you are okay and in your apartment. Jackie would never forgive me if something happens to you now."