Chapter 58

Hunter's POV

"Daddy!!" Elle runs to me with open arms full of excitement.

Holy shit I missed her.

"Hi princess" I scoop her into my arms and kiss her forehead "Daddy missed you" I hold her tight.

"Elle miss you" she wraps her small arms around my neck.

"No love for mama?" Brin pouts.

"Me miss daddy" she smiles brightly.

"Ugh, Daddies girl" Brin sticks out her tongue to Elle which she returns. I chuckle with how lucky I am.

"I've just given her a double chocolate muffin so beware she may be hyper" Tom chuckles.

Brin laughs "It's fine she deserves it. Thank you so much for watching her while we were gone, I really appreciate it" she smiles.

"It's no problems, you're family" he gives her a hug "If you both need anything don't hesitate to ask, okay?"

I nod "Thanks again, Tom"

We say our final goodbyes, Brin takes a little longer while I strap Elle into the child seat. While we're waiting for Brin, Elle rambles on nonsense while I pretend I understand what she's talking about.

Brin jumps into the passenger seat and fastens her seatbelt, "Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah" she glances around to Elle.

I shift the car into reverse and reverse out the driveway, when on our way back home Brin glances to Elle again like she's making sure she isn't listening.

"What's wrong?" I ask, cocking a brow.

"Tom said she erm.." she clears her throat and begins to whisper "She keeps asking for Gampa"

I glance towards Elle but she's busy looking out the window, she doesn't understand that Arthur is gone for good. How do you explain that to a three year old?

Brin looks down at her hands, I place my hand in hers and squeeze gently. She looks at me giving me a small smile "Everything will be fine, I promise and remember..I'm always here baby" she's been through a lot just like I have, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her and I'm never leaving again.

She locks out fingers together and kisses my hand softly, I glance between her and the road. She's perfect, I'm incredibly lucky. I have no idea how slow she wants to take it but I'm guessing we won't be having sex for a long time.

Hello blue balls.

"I love you" I smirk at her imagining all the dirty things I'll do to her whenever she likes, where ever.

"I love you" the pad on her thumb strokes my thumb.

When we arrive at home, i carry the suitcases in from the car while Brin carries Elle. When she puts her down as soon as we walk through the door she runs for her swing she's too big for. I leave the suitcases at the door and turn the swing on for her after she climbs in on her own.

I sit on the single couch and take my shoes off, letters in a pile on the coffee table catch my eye especially one in particular, it says 'Final notice' stamped in red letters.

I pick it up, it's already open and been read. When I skim through it I realise it's about needing to pay for the house. She has the money why doesn't she use it?

"What's wrong?" Brin asks entering the living room.

"Do you need money?" I ask.

"What?" She snatches the letter out my hand "No I don't" she softly says.

Doesn't look like it.

"You have the money from the diner, I told Brax to give you my money while I was away" shit, take all my money..I don't care.

"But that's your money, not mine" she stares down at the letter.

"No, it's our money"

"It's not"

"Yeah it is, I'll give all the money you need"

"I want to have my own money and not mooch"

Mooch, is she serious?, "It's not mooching" I laugh.

"Hunter!" She whines, "Stop mocking me I'm being serious, I want my own money and to provide for myself, the diner is yours and therefore it's your money"

"No baby.." I cup her cheeks with both hands, "It's your diner, I'm no longer the owner" I peck her lips.

"But I feel like it's still yours"

"Well it's not, you can do whatever you like to it. It's your diner, your money" I reassure her.

She glances around her childhood living room "I don't know if I want to stay here the rest of my life"

"What do you mean?" Does she want to move? I thought she'd want to hold onto this place.

"This place reminds me of all the bad things, we said we'd go slow and start from fresh. Maybe a new home will help us" she bites on the inside of her cheek as she becomes nervous.

Getting a place on our own does sound fucking amazing, just the thought of Kai having her on the counter where I once fucked her makes my skin crawl and makes me desperately want to kick the shit out of him again.

"Where?"

"What?" She looks into my eyes.

"Where about do you want to move too?"

She shrugs "I have no idea" she giggles.

"Well you choose baby, because I'll follow" I chuckle and she blushes.

_______________________________

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕