Chapter 28

Hunter's POV

I feel something light move on my chest, I stretch before opening my eyes slowly. Elle is fast asleep on my chest sucking her thumb, I look to my right, Brin isn't in bed.

When did Elle come in beside me?

I carefully slide Elle down onto the mattress and place down two pillows at either side of her body, I crack all my bones before standing up and leaving the door ajar when I leave.

I know she won't be in Elle's room without Elle, I peek into Arthur's room and their she is, fast asleep beside her dad. I quietly close the door and head back to Brin's bedroom.

I go for a quick shower leaving the bathroom door wide open incase something happen to Elle. I brush my teeth before changing into a new suit, Jacki or whatever her name is bought me new suits. She did a great job.

I have a meeting with that renovator Jac got me, better be good. It's some woman apparently the best designer but we'll see, she's probably away to steal most my money.

I lift Elle up into my embrace and take her through to Arthur's room beside Brin, She opens her eyes slightly.

"I'm going to work, I'll be back soon.." i whisper, she nods slowly and rolls over to cuddle Elle "I love you" I whisper and kiss her forehead.

I get into my car and drive to my building, when I get there I go up in the elevator. When I reach my floor I walk past Jac and a few others that work for me.

"Morning Hunter!" She smiles brightly.

I half smile with a nod. I go into my office and turn the computer on, I take a seat at that uncomfortable chair, I begin looking for houses or flats..pretty much anything. Now I'm with Brinley I'll want her and Elle to come live with me but I have a gut feeling she won't want to leave her dad. Which is annoying but understandable.

"Hunter.." Jac says standing at the door with a coffee in her hand.

"Hmm" I mumble and glance once to her.

"The renovator will be here in ten minutes and.." she walks slowly towards my desk, she walks around to my side and leans onto the desk with her fat ass, "I got you this coffee" she smile with a little wink. She places the coffee down in front of me.

Is she actually trying to flirt with her boss? I don't know what my 'Father' use to have with her but she can go to fuck because I'm not even the slightest bit interested.

She run her fingers along my finger that lays on the mouse, she trails up as I stare down at her hand, is she having a laugh?

I grab her hand and throw it back to her "I suggest you get the fuck off my desk before you don't have a job" i scowl. Her face turns crimson and her eyes go wide.

Good, she should feel embarrassed.

"Sorry!" She squeaks and stands up slowly.

"And knock before you enter" I demand.

she nods and leaves the room instantly not looking back at me this time.

I continue to look for apartments or houses, time flies by and before I know it Linda or whatever her name is, is ready for the meeting.

I sit down and go over plans to renovate the whole building, William had such shit taste.

She goes through samples with me, whites, greys, creams, browns, red. I decide white, black and red colours for the building but I'm undecided about my office. She seems to know her stuff, turns out her name isn't Linda it's Gretchen which is no where close to Linda.