Chapter 19

Her phone rings snapping us out our trance, we move away from each other at the same time. I turn my attention back to an excited Elle.

"High-five!" I enthuse lifting my hand up for her to smack it, she does just that with the most adorable giggle.

"Hey" Brins says as she answers her phone.

"Hmm"
"Of course"
"I'd love too"
"See you soon, love you too" she glances at me when she says the latter part.

I didn't even realise I was staring at her, I turn all my concentration back to Elle acting as though I'm completely fine because if I don't I'll flip my shit and I don't want that.

"Did my dad leave for work?" She confuses.

"Dunno" I bluntly say.

"Okay, well..mama is off to work" her voice turns super squeaky and kisses Elle on the head.

She stands there awkwardly looking at me, we look at each other for a few further minutes before she turns her heel slowly "I have to go" she half smiles.

"Okay..see ya" I say a little to harshly. What did she want? Why was she giving me that look and acting awkward.

Once she leaves I clean Elle up and change her into some clothes Brin left out, hanging over the back of the couch.

"Mama makes you wear ridiculous stuff huh?" I coo and she spins on the spot.

"Well it's not completely hideous because you're wearing it" I boop her nose and she giggles scrunching her face.

"Do you want to see uncle Brax?" I enthuse.

"Yaaaaa" she screams throwing her hands in the air, I wish I had that much excitement all the time. I pull on her strapped pumps and stand.

When I step outside with Elle in my arms and her bag around one shoulder which is tight, Braxtons SUV is outside.

"I was going to come to you" I tell him when he steps out.

"I was coming to pick you up" he says completely ignoring me and smiling stupidly at Elle "Hi, Princess" he takes her from me.

He turns walking back to the car, I follow in utter confusion.

"Where we going?"

"The diner, duh" he opens the passenger side door, a child seat is strapped to the seat. He clips her inside and closes the door, he walks to the other side as I follow.

"How did you know she would be coming?" I ask.

"Well, she's your daughter and Brin is working" he opens the door gesturing for me to get it, I roll my eyes with a scowl. He sits in the front passenger seat.