Chapter 11

I watch as she begins cleaning

I watch as she begins cleaning..absolutely nothing because it's already immaculate. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine" She lies turning her head towards me with a forced smile. Did I do something wrong?

"I haven't forgotten you just choke slammed my fiancé" she sternly says.

"Brin, I couldn't care. I'd do it again" I tell her truthfully.

"Oh" she turns "I'm going out tonight with colleagues, can you babysit Elle?" She changes the subject.

"You mean works night out? and it's not babysitting if she's my daughter"

"So, will you do it? My dad has nightshift and Kai is working early tomorrow" she says sweetly.

"Of course I will, it's my daughter I want to spend as much time as I can with her" and Kai can fuck off he isn't spending anytime with Elle.

"Okay" she smiles.

My phone begins to ring, I pull it out my back pocket, I answer and lift it to my ear.

"Hey man" Lucas says.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I was just seeing how you're doing, oh and that lady from the gym has been asking for you" he laughs.

"Penny?" I confuse.

"Yeah Penny, she said she's dying for you to ask her out and I think you should go for it"

"Why?" I scoff.

"Because she's all for you and she's hot" he enthuses.

"Uhm, Penny though..I dunno" She blonde, slim with toned muscles, she's annoyingly squeaky and she's a gym rat. Even though I train her she's just not my type.

"Yeah, come on man. you need to move on. I'll keep bugging you until you agree"

"Fine, I'll ask Penny out!" I huff scratching my brow.

I hang up the phone before he can bug me anymore, he's always trying to hook me up with girls even though he should be the one hooking up.

I look at Brin she's leaning on the counter staring at me "What?"

"Penny?" She rose a brow, I see a glimpse of jealously but i could be wrong.

"She's a girl at the gym I work at in Australia" I tell her the truth. I could easily say it's my girlfriend but what help would that get me.

"Oh, so no girlfriend then?" She slowly asks avoiding eye contact.

"Nope,  Pam and her five sister work just great for me"

"Who?" She says baffled.

"Pam.." I point to my right Palm "her five sisters" I slide my left index finger over my right hand fingers.