Chapter 2

Hunter's POV

I look over my shoulder slowly.

There she stood tall giggling to the waitress that had taken our order.

She looks so mature..so grown up, she has gained weight, a lot of weight but she still looks perfect in my eyes. It's like I'm watching her in slow motion, I can't take my eyes off her.

Her hair is placed in a messy bun on top of her head, her cheeks flushed as she laughs throwing her head back. She leans over the counter and pats it a few times, she walks behind the counter walking into the back.

She works here!

I turn quickly around facing Brax, he looks as stunned as I am.

"I didn't know she worked here" Brax shakes his head, gulping looking at me intensely.

Of course he didn't..why would he?

"Why would you know?" I hiss.

I need to get out of here, I can't stay here. I left her three years ago, I said i'd come back for her..I promised and I didn't and I won't, not like this.

I'm not ready.

I stand to my feet turning around fast taking one step before a tray of food comes crashing down over my chest, I look down at my T-shirt that is now covered in food, the food I ordered.

"I'm so sorry" She gasps before placing the tray into the table and rushing back to the counter for a towel.

She didn't recognise me, thank god.

I look to Brax his hands are covering his face, either he's laughing at me or stressing out for me.

I watch as she comes back padding quickly with the towel she begins rubbing the food making it worse, she hasn't once looked up at me.

I stand there with my chest heaving watching her flood into mess.

"I'm sorr.." she trails off as her eyes dart to my inner arm.

I look towards what she's looking at, it's the tattoo I got for her.

She looks up slowly meeting my eyes, her beautiful brown eyes, she jumps back in surprise dropping the towel to the floor.

"Hi" I bluntly say.

Her eyes go wide as her breathing quickens, she quickly turns her heel rushing off.

Well..good talk.

I badly want to go talk to her, just her touching my chest makes me crave her touch again. It's been so long.

Brax stands up bringing me from my thoughts "Come on, bro.." He pats my shoulder.

"No, hold on" I say.

"Hunter, don't" Brax huffs grabbing my arm.

"Shut up!" I coldly say shrugging him off.

I walk fast over to the counter where she disappeared to.

"Where did Brin go?" I ask the blonde girl behind the counter.

"Erm..I don't know" She says scanning the diner.

I sit down at the counter, Brax stands behind me sighing before saying "Don't be an asshole"

"Shh" I breathe watching the doors to the back hoping she comes through them any minute

"Go get her" I demand to the girl.

She knits her eyebrows together walking away slowly disappearing behind the door.

"Meet me back at the hotel" Brax pats my shoulder once again but I shrug him off.

I didn't except to see her, I just wanted to sign the papers and leave again.

She looks so different..of course she does she's actually happy and plus she's twenty-one now. I can't believe I've seen her again, I bet her life is ten times better now.

She emerges slowly from the doors her eyes not meeting mine, she reaches the counter with her hands behind her back swaying back and forth nervously.

"W..What do you want?" She stutters quietly still not looking at me.

"Well..how are you?" I ask.

She's so gorgeous.

Is it bad I'm secretly hoping she has been miserable without me like I have without her.

"Fine" she bites on her bottom lip.

"Good" I lie.

Well..shit this is awkward.

"What are you doing here, Hunter!" She raises her voice finally looking at me.

"My dad died" I tell her the truth.

"Oh..sorry, well I'm not actually I hated him" She seethes.

Same

I chuckle lightly scratching the back of my head "No college?" I say.

"Nope" She shakes her head.

I always thought she'd go off to college and get an amazing job, not in this shit diner.

"You look beautiful" I blurt out looking her up and down.

"Hunter..I'm working" She tells me glancing towards the blonde girl just a few feet away from her, I know she's listening in I'm not stupid.

"Can I take you out..to chat?" I clarify.

"You look different" She says ignoring my question.

"Do I?" I thought I looked the same.

"You have a nose piercing now..and stubble" she studies my face, her eyes are flickering over my facial features.

"Oh yeah.." I chuckle "I lost a dare" I nod pressing my lips into a thin line.

"Oh, looks good" She places her hands on the counter before moving down "coffee?" She asks.

Could go for a beer but "Sure" I smirk.

Her eyes dart to my lips before placing a mug in front of me, she reaches over picking up the coffee glass pot, she begins pouring it in front of me keeping her eyes on the mug.

My eyes move down slowly to the small rock on her finger, I look away quickly before meeting her eyes again.

"You're engaged?" I ask becoming agitated.

She places the pot back before looking at her hand "Yeah, I am" she nods.

I place my elbows on the counter cover my face with my hands.

She's engaged!

No, she can't be. I feel my blood begin to boil.

"So what..you love him?" Why did I have to ask! I'm setting myself up for torture.

"Yes" she nods biting on the inside of her cheek.

"You've had sex with him?" I gulp down the lump forming in my throat.

"That's none of your business.." she scoffs "I have tables to attend to" she moves from behind the counter and walks to a table which sits a family of four.

I clear my throat running my hand over my face, I'm not done with that conversation.

She comes back placing the order through and turning back to me "You said if I was happy you'd leave me alone" It feels as though she just ripped my heart out, once again.

"Yeah, i lied" I growl feeling my anger rising.

__________________________

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕