Chapter 40

Brinley's POV

I stretch my whole body into a starfish and yawn loud, i had an amazing sleep after I finally did achieve falling asleep. I sit up to find the bed empty beside me. A warm breeze fans my face coming from the ajar sliding doors directly in front of me, I forgot I was in Bali..I'm in freaking Bali! I've never been anywhere in my life and now I'm in Bali with my family.

I hear squeaky giggles and loud splashing coming from the sliding doors, I swing my legs off the bed and head to the doors. I slide it open further and look left to see Hunter holding Elle afloat in the water, both with cheesy smiles on their face. He places her on the ledge of the pool on her feet and he steps back putting his hands out in front of him.

"Go! Go!" He enthuses.

She runs on the spot full of excitement before leaping forwards and splashing into the water, Hunter grabs her and pulls her above water. She giggles clapping her hands.

"Hi" I walk towards them.

"Hey, hot mama!" Hunter smirks and I smile.

"Mamma!" Elle joyfully says.

"Hi, baba. You having fun with daddy?" I give her a little wave.

"Hmhmm" she nods smiling widely.

Hunter chuckles looking away from me and back to Elle, "Ready?!"

"Yeahhhh" she flys her arms in the air fast.

He throws her in the air and I gasp at how high she goes, he catches her and she immediately starts laughing uncontrollably.

I couldn't help but laugh at how much fun they're having, but I really want to know if Hunter is okay, last night we was so..I don't know, broken, upset, worried.

"What's wrong?" He asks concerned while holding Elle close to him.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah of course, why wouldn't I be?" He smiles.

"Last night, you had me worried"

"Why?" He rose a brow.

Does he not remember?

"You was screaming..and you was crying"

He looks down at the water avoiding eye contact, "You remember?" I ask.

"I don't wanna talk about it" he shakes his head turning away looking at the ocean view pointing to show Elle.

"We need to talk, Hunter" if we don't it'll bottle up and then finally explode, it isn't pretty. It's happened before.

"No we don't" I hear his teeth grit.

"We do.." he cuts me off.

"I don't want to talk about it!" He raises his turning towards me, scowling.

"So we're suppose to forget the fact you upset me and you dreamt about god knows what because you won't tell me! Am I suppose to keep my emotions in tact and bottle it up because I don't want that!"

"You want me to tell you the worst thing that ever happened, happened and I thought it was real! You want me..."

Elle pulls his face to the side towards her and runs her hand over his cheek soothing him "Shh, it okay daddy" she coos.

"I know bebe" he kisses her forehead, all his anger disappears.

I sit down dipping my legs into the pool immediately feeling the cold water cool me down from the scorching hot weather I'm not use too.

Hunter looks at me sorrowful, "William was back.." he sighs, I look into his eyes seeing nothing but sadness. What did he do?

"He..had gun.." he looks down at Elle kissing her head once again. "Lets just say you and Elle were no longer in my life..it was the worst thing ever and I don't want to talk about it because I can't deal with ever losing both of you"

"Well, it wasn't real and we're not going anywhere" I reassure.

I couldn't imagine losing Elle, I'd die, i couldn't live knowing I outlived my baby. I couldn't even imagine losing Hunter especially after having him in my life again.

"Good" he smiles.

"About what you said.."

"You're still mad about that?" He asks.

"I'm more upset" I look down at my thighs but glance up.

"Why?" He tilts his head.

"You said if it wasn't for Elle you don't think you would've come back" I hear him stride through the water and stop in front of me.

"Baby.." he tilts my chin up to look at me.

"I didn't mean it like that. I was scared shitless seeing you again, I didn't think I could take it and then I found out you were engaged and that shit hurt and I wasn't going to come by your house because of that but I did and I'm glad I did. When I heard Elle crying, I thought i could never win you back if you had a kid to another man, then I found out Elle was mine and I was over the moon and beyond grateful. Not only do I have an amazing daughter but it's with the woman I love most and have loved ever since high school, I don't think I'll ever stop. Don't doubt yourself, I'm not with you because you're the mother of my child, I'm with you because I love you and having Elle is just a bonus" He enthuses, like it's his greatest achievement. I love when he tells me how he feels, I hope he continues.

"You're different" I smile, he's so different from how he was a couple of weeks ago or when he was in school, It's inspiring how much his anger has changed for us, Elle and I.

"How so?" He confuses.

"Just more calmer I guess, you control your anger better"

"You mean I've gone soft?" He chuckles.

"Yeah"

"Never soft for you though" he smirks and I giggle.

Dirty cunt.

He steps back with a cackle and pulls my arms and I gasp, I get dragged off the edge and go under the cool water and come back up gasping for air trying to open my eyes, when I finally do Elle and Hunter are laughing at me.

"Hunter!" I shout before bursting out into laughter.

"Come here" he pulls on my arms dragging me to him.

"My pyjamas are soaked now" I pout and wrap my legs around his waist as Elle sits in the middle of us. Both of his arms around us holding us up.

"You'll be soaked later" he winks.

"Stop it!" I roll my eyes.

He chuckles before stopping and turning serious, he leans in pecking my lips. Worry in his eyes appear before he glances away at the ocean view.

"I have to tell you something, I want to tell you now before someone else does"

___________________________

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕