Chapter 4

"Sorry, do you have company?" I ask confused.

"No, but this isn't a great time" He says looking me up and down before glancing over his shoulder as the baby continues to cry, I can almost see the hate he has towards me.

I get it, he doesn't like me anymore because I left his daughter blah..blah..blah but I need to talk to her.

"Is Brin home?" I ask ignoring him.

"No, she's at work.." He admits pausing before continuing "She'll be home at four"

"Okay, I'll come back" I nod turning walking down the porch stairs.

I only have three hours to go, I could go to the pub but I know that's a stupid idea. I at least want to be sober taking to her.

Whose baby was that though? my gut is telling me that it's hers and Kai's..I really hope it isn't. Could easily be her cousin or maybe Arthur had a baby.

Yeah highly unlikely

The guy probably can't even get a boner, what is he like sixty? Maybe younger but still..it's disgusting, saggy balls and all.

As I reach the bottom of the path I have no idea what I'm suppose to do for three hours. I sit on the kerb, no point going back to the hotel I know I'll annoy Brax purposely because I'm bored.

I take my phone out my back pocket going to call my best friend back in Australia, he answers immediately sounding happy like always.

How can someone be so happy..I don't get it,
Especially what he's been through.

"Hunterrr" He says in an excited tone with an Aussie accent.

"What's up, Lucas?" I laugh.

"Nothing much man, what you doing?" He asks probably wondering why I'm calling.

"Just sitting..outside Brins" I huff.

I met Lucas at the gym he owns, id go to let off some steam every time I thought of Brin, next thing I knew he was training me and I was telling him my whole life story.. about Brin mostly. It helped but not enough, only weed and drink did, well distracted me. I continued to hang out with Lucas while I drunk and smoked, he really is the only mate I have. It's funny because he doesn't drink or smoke, you think he would but he hasn't not once and he doesn't judge me for it either.

"Why?" He says now confused.

"I seen her man..I need to talk to her, she looks so different but not in a bad way. All the feelings I pushed away all those year have come rushing back just seeing her for a split second.." I sigh.

"I get it, I'd do anything to see Annie again" He saddens.

Lucas is older, twenty-five. He married his high school sweetheart at aged nineteen, Four years later she died due to cancer, I feel for him a lot as if he was my own brother.

"I know" I sigh.

"Listen just talk to her. Try not get angry, contain your anger..remember what I taught you" He coos.

He once said "Speak when you're most angry, you will make the best speech you'll ever regret" it helped..sort of, he also helped balance my rage in different ways. It made me bite my tongue a lot more. I say a lot of stupid shit I regret and most of it was towards her, before.

"Yeah" I nod knowing he can't see me.

The conversation goes on, he changes the subject from Brin to his hobby which is surfing he's good at it. He tried teaching me to surf once, I gave up after constantly failing, i snapped the board, He was glad it wasn't his favourite one.