Chapter 50

I'm staring at the photo of Elle above me, I really miss her like mad. I haven't seen her in a week now and I don't think I can take it much longer.

This place is so fucking depressing.

"Is it true you killed someone?" Myles asks from the top bunk, I know he's been dying to ask me all week, the rumours are getting ridiculous. It's like I'm in damn primary school again, in England.

I've spoken to Brinley a few times this week, she's been busy at work in the diner which i signed over to her, Brax gladly took the papers in for me to sign them and send off to her. I think she's loving it but I don't want her to tire herself.

Brin went to the doctors yesterday so I'm going to call her today asking how it went, I'm not even sure how far along she is yet.

"So, is it true?" He asks again.

"Yeah" I admit.

"No vending machine then?" He laughs.

"Nah" I chuckle, I wish it was a fucking vending machine.

A loud noise sounds the prison and the doors buzzes open, I stand up and Myles jumps down.

I go straight for the phone and thankfully I'm first in line. It rings and rings and I'm starting to think so won't pick up but she does, finally.

"Hey!" She says out of breath.

"Hey, are you okay?" I say concerned.

"Yeah, Elle just went down for a nap and I ran to my phone" she laughs.

I chuckle just hearing how happy she sounds "How is she?"

"Elle is doing amazing, she can count to ten now" she says ecstatic.

Why is she so happy today?

"That's amazing, I wish I could hear it" I trying sounding as cheery as her, sound pathetic though.

"Me too.."

Awkward silence circles through the phone for a good few seconds before I speak, breaking it in half. If I didn't the awkwardness would've gotten worse.

"How was the doctor?"

"Good! I'm just over a month so my next scan isn't until I'm eight weeks"

"That's great!, so Bali?" I smile knowing she can't see me, I just wish I could be there again.

"Yeah Bali" she giggles. Bali was amazing I wish I could turn back, I remember her being all over me each night and morning, the time we had sex in the warm pool when Elle went to bed, I remember it like it was yesterday.

"I'd do anything to go back" I sigh.

She sighs "Me too, it seemed simple" yeah it did.

"Anderson, you have a visitor" the warden says coming beside me.

"Brax is here, I'll call you tomorrow if that's okay?"

"Of course" I can tell she's still smiling just like me.

Normally out conversations would just be mainly about Elle or the baby but this time it felt different.

"Give Elle a kiss for me and erm..talk to you later"

"I will, I..uhm..talk to you later" she hangs up quickly.

That was odd.

The warden walks a few of us to the visitors room, I scan the room before spotting Brax sitting in a grey stupid suit.

"Hey broooo" he longs the word, smiling.

"Why you smiling like a creepy fuck?"

"Nice way to greet me, thanks" he chuckles.

"Why are you smiling though?" I lean against the table.

"I have some good news" he's still smiling.

"Which is?" I encourage him to go on.

"Some evidence rose to the surface all thanks to Lucas" oh my god, get to the fucking point.

I stare at him blankly "Which is!?"

"That guy you killed didn't die from a beating, the pathologist that did the autopsy was blackmailed into saying his death was caused by bleeding in the brain from being beaten"

"Huh?" I don't get it.

"You didn't kill him"

What?

"So how did he die?"

"Well the pathologist finally spoke up after Lucas did some of his bullshit talk, he died from drugs and I'm pretty sure it was after you had that fight with him, you said you were thrown out that bar right?"

"Yeah..so what does this mean?" I still don't understand, when I was thrown out he was unconscious on the floor and..

"We went to talk to the bartender lady that was there and she said he went to the bathroom after they managed to waken him and give him some water and he was completely fine when he left the bar"

"What does this mean!?" i ask him again.

"Means we'll get a court date and see how things go, you shouldn't be in here Hunter because you didn't do it"

"If the path-something whatever was blackmailed then who did it?"

"I don't know that yet, but have you pissed someone off that really fucking hates you?"

"No, I don't think so..I was drunk and stuff for practically the whole three years so I have no idea"

"You must have but I'm hoping we'll find out"

"Okay, can you get this court date as soon as possible"

"We're trying to get the pathologist to confess for evidence, the bartender said she will but we need more so we need that guy"

"Okay" I nod.

I better get out soon knowing this just gave me a ray of hope and now I desperately want out. If this goes tits up, I think I'll go crazy.

_______________________________

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕