34. Say It out Loud

"What?"

"If you told me first-hand, this could be avoided"

Beam sighed hearing the deep voice on the other side. "I didn't have a first-hand and avoiding? Like how good it turned out the last time I met one of my siblings? Thanks!"

"...."

"It became my plan when they hurt my baby sister!"

"...."

"So nothing, it's done I don't regret it" he smiled when he found Kao peeking out of the comforter. "I'm hanging up now, I need to feed a hungry bear" 

"I got you trouble?" Kao rubbed his eyes. "Sorry! Promise I'll never come back here" He got up hurriedly.

Beam smiled at him. "Why don't you go clean yourself and then we'll have breakfast" Beam said, stroking his hair lovingly. Kao's eyes lit up.

"I can stay?"

Beam hummed. "Get rid of that night suit. Find whatever you want in the closet" He smiled when Kao hopped around happily. They ate in silence, well almost silence, with Kao stuffing his mouth messily.

"Emm.. deze wawlles arr gwatt" he gulped down and sipped on his coffee.

"That's why I bought them"

Kao smiled happily and went back to eating

Kao smiled happily and went back to eating. He watched while Beam started to pack up his things, few books and clothes and a little plush marshmallow. "P'Beam! You still keep it!"

"Hm..."

"P'Beam! You're going somewhere?"

"Home" he answered.

"Oh..." his face fell. "Then, I'll leave soon"

"Sit" Beam called. Kao obediently sat down. "I said I'm going home with you"

Kao gasped and jumped up and down like a kid when Beam nodded. "Oh when?"

"Tonight, just passing this paper to Kit to submit"

.
.

"How can you come home? Uncle Ben won't punish you? Mom will cry when she see you. Your room is still there you know" Kao chirped, talking away animatedly without a break. He jumped on the bed to lay down on Beam's lap. "What?" he asked when Beam just looked down at him. 

"You're not mad at me?" Beam asked.  

"I was hurt, I woke up with my father dead  but my brother wasn't there to comfort me. But you know I can't stay mad for long. I called you an idiot though" He pouted when Beam laughed. "What?" he whined.

"Nothing, I just remembered, you still apologize after cursing people?" Beam teased him.

Kao pouted. "It's bad to curse"