8. MAYBE....

(Pick's POV)

(What the f*ck did I just do?)

I sm still there outside his house, feeling lost. Rin is calling me continuously. But I'm not in the mood to talk to her. Not after what I just did.

I looked up at the house one more time before leaving. I picked up my phone to dial a number.

"Oi P'Pick!! Why'd you call a person this late?"

I just huffed at his whining. Like I didn't know when Pete's night starts.

"Hello to you too cousin. Sorry if I woke you up from a wet dream"

"What the hell! I never have wet dreams"

Well he's right. He doesn't need to dream. I smiled at my little devil of a brother.

"Chh... ok, ok, let's just get to the point. Do you know a guy named Kao? He goes to your class"

He went quiet for a second. So he knew him!

"P, how do you know him? Wait why'd you ask? Did he do something? I-I can asure you he didn't mean it. He rarely mingles with people, never bother anyone. I swear he's a harmless kitten P!"

(What the hell? Is this my brother talking to me?)

"Refreshing, to see my brother thinking of me as a bully. And what's with that defensive mood?"

"Aww..." I heard him sigh. "He's one of my closest friends P. He's.... a good person. Please don't hurt him"

I looked at my phone to check if I've really called Pete. What else is gonna happen to me today? How many surprises are to come?

"Ouff... why you behaving like I'm a savage? I met him today with two of my juniors at the club. They said they're all childhood friends and one of them is Porsche's girlfriend. I'm just looking out for a friend. That's it"

I've to commend myself for the excuse I came up with.

"So.... she has a boyfriend?"

"You know her?"

He kept quiet.

"Hmm.. okay P if that's all then I'll go back to sleep. Need to get up early"

And with that he hung up on me. Really!! What's with peole hanging up on me here and there.

That night I laid awake in my bed thinking about what I did.
I don't know what came over me. Not like we haven't kissed before. We did and the second time, I was the one who asked for it. But this....

I touched my lips. I could still feel that sweetness in my mouth. That weird sensation. Just the thought of it made me feel butterflies. I never felt it before.

What I did earlier today made me wanna slap myself. I never thought I'd live to see a day I'll be scared of Rome.

(Great Pick! Just great)

I didn't mean it to go that way but one look at his face, yeah just one look and we ended up in my car. He must've felt humiliated. But I didn't care I just wanted to look at his annoying face a bit longer. I thought his mood would be better after I treat him but he didn't even touch the food. He just wanted to go home.

(That was not my Rome)

"You heard me. Stop acting like a jealous bastard"

I might have hit him then if he didn't start crying. I had no idea how bad I made him feel about himself, how much I've hurt him.

"How far can I chase you? It's already far enough"

I don't know what came over me. He wanted to give up on me and I felt like my heart stopped. He shouted at me to stop when I held his face but I cut him off with a kiss. And he did shut up. It was nothing, just a stupid kiss. But when he tried to move away I pulled him back in.