5. True Friends (2)

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."
- Jerome Cummings

"- Jerome Cummings

=========

(Sandee's POV)

"Who eats a banana with fried toast?"

As always, Sanwan was so immersed in her book she didn't realise when Pete came to stand behind him. I'm quite sure she had no idea what she was eating.

"Why don't you try and find out" she got up and smacked his head with her giant book before running into her room while he hawled in pain.

"If you didn't know that girl, you'd think she uses these books for workout"

"Served you right" I laughed at him.

"Stingy" he sat at her place to finish her leftover toast. The idiot actually tried the combo.
"Hmm... not bad"

I just rolled my eyes and sat with him. He crashed here last night. Nothing new, we both do it all the time. Funny, with his reputation, no one would want him to spend a moment alone with their daughters but when its us sisters, mom dad doesn't mind since it's Pete. He's practically like a brother to my sisters.

(Oh how I just wish Sansuay was here right now, she'd be making him clean spider webs in her shop)

It's amazing how of all the people in the world, this idiot is scared of a fragile girl like my big sister.

But I must say I was surprised when he came here last night since I was giving him a cold shoulder for sometime. We acted normal in front of others but I know he sensed it. So it must be bad if this ego-maniac sat all his pride aside. After all my resolves to not forgive him easily, how could I when he stood out there with puppy eyes.

"So, you're back with Mint?"

"We met last night and she said we start slow"

"You happy?" i really doubt it.

He just shrugged. "I asked her didn't I? Hey let's go. Call the gang, let's have breakfast together"

"June's home for the weekend, won't be back till evening and Thada is working alone at the shop today"

"And... Kao?"

"WHAT?"

"Kao! What about Kao?"

"Kao is never available on Sundays"

"Why?"

"Do you even bother to hear what we talk about all day?"

"Emm...Not really?"

I scoffed. "Jerk!!"

"Fine. You and me then. Now let's go" he dragged me out of the chair all the way to his car outside.