66. Second Chances (b)

Rome opened his eyes and instantly felt dizzy. Why did he feel as if he'd been through hell and back? And why the hell did his whole body hurt as if he'd been run over by forest animals?

What exactly happened?

And then it all came back to him, everything, little by little, piece by piece, Kao's words, Pick's absence, talking to Emma, and then the part that left him paralyzed with fear. The club, and Din.

Din...

"P'Pick!" He gasped out, nerves giving out as he felt a fear as such he'd never felt before, trying to sit up with a start, only to have a pair of strong, fair arms wrapping around him and holding him back.

"Phi... Shorty... relax..."

And Rome went still. Slowly, he looked up and met Kao's eyes who looked down at him, blinking and instantly reminding him of the cute and innocent little toddler he met years ago. The boy looked down at him, his face innocent and concerned as he just quietly stared at Rome with his doe eyes.

"Kao?"

"Emm" the boy nodded slowly, as if feeling lost. "You're hurt" the boy said slowly, still feeling awkward to be speaking after a long time.

"Ha-how... wh-where is... P'Pick?"

Kao sighed, looking down sadly. "Okay, I hope. I'm not sure. "I'll get-"

"No..." Rome sobbed and held onto Kao's hands. "Don't leave me..."

Kao stopped. He stared down at the tiny guy before letting out a sigh and sitting down by his bedside.

"S-sit... with me..." Rome begged, sobbing and shaking. Again, Kao silently stared at him before getting the bed, laying down beside the guy and hesitantly, wrapping his arms around his trembling body.

"It's okay, you're safe now... atleast, physically, you are... rest will get better with time... just sleep, it helps..." he patted Rome's hair who hid himself in Kao's chest and silently sobbed himself till he gave into exhaustion.

.
.

Forth let out a sigh as he walked, more like dragged himself to follow after Pete who didn't even stop when they reached the waiting area, instead, he marched out of the ER, banging through the automatic doors as he did.

"Ah, seems he got your passion for breaking stuff" Lam said with a shrug. "Lucky, the door's not wood. Unlucky my dorm doors, tsk, fucking wood" he clicked his tongue at Beam who shook his head with an amused face. But seeing the dead look on Forth's face, Lam shot Beam a questioning look who scoffed and jerked his head towards the exit.

"What you think made him bang the doors?" he shook his head and as gently as he could, well, he shoved Forth. "Settle down, you and that guilty, puppy face don't go hand in hand" he said with a resigned look on his face. Ah, life was easier and less colorful when he was cooped up alone! This is headache!

Just when Forth was about to settled down, he was startled by the tiny little, teary, messy, Sun who came sprinting and clung to his waist, almost throwing him off.

"Phi! Are you okay? Did they take too much blood? Did it hurt? It will save my brother, right? Right?" Sun was sobbing as he spoke, his voice shivering with fear.

Forth blinked. He looked down in utter shock at the sobbing thing, maybe more shocked than he ever was in his life. He stood still, with his hands in the air, eyes widened and mouth hanging open as he stared down at the boy and to Beam, in that moment, he somehow seemed quite lost and... cute?

Shit! Just keep that fucking disgusting thought to yourself, Beam! He found himself screaming in his head.

But then the fucker had to look up at him with those lost, questioning eyes, as if asking him as what to do. And again, Beam was flabbergasted, throwing his hands in air as if questioning back as to what he was supposed to do. Then seeing the guy just stand there helplessly, he facepalmed and slapped the guy's arms, forcing him to awkwardly wrap them around the little boy.