54. After Party

"Where did they both go?" May asked Emma as she craned her neck around to look for either Kao or Pete. Oh boy, was that crazy Kao back to terrorizing his brother's fiance?

"Oh, they're big boys, they'll be alright. Let's get something to eat, shall we?" Emma smiled and interlocked their arms to pull her along. "You coming Rome, or you wanna hang around your honey some more?" she called Rome loudly who was again busy annoying Sharp.

"No! You're not as fun as my honey!" Rome shouted back and clung to Sharp's neck. "Phi~" he spoke in a spoiled tone. "Let's go on a date!"

Sharp shook his head and laughed. "Oi, I'm a poor man, I can't afford to treat you day and night" he joked as he managed to pry the little boy off and held him in a lock. "Let's go" he dragged the boy away.

May and Emma shared amused looks before walking away. Emma stopped in her tracks, eyes fixing on two friends, one of whom used to be her boyfriend while the other one broke her best friend's heart. She pursed her lips before looking away, smiling at May and walking along, trying hard to not pay any attention to Porche.

"You still hung up on him?" May asked her.

Emma turned to her with raised eyebrows and sighed. "I don't even want to face him, hell, even remember him, let alone being hung up on him" she shook her head. "P'Pick there, he could say Rome was not his boyfriend, he could say he was not bound to care for Rome's feelings or to be faithful to him, they were not dating. But him? He and I were a couple. He made his girlfriend feel small and neglected in favor of another girl! He went away for a job and told me he was too busy to even call but he was chilling around with a new girlfriend! I have no reason to be hung up on him!" she said with a huff. Thinking of Porsche only brought back bitter memories for her, nothing good, not even that spark or affection that she'd felt for him before he left for his internship. It did help her move on though. 

She was over that pathetic excuse of a man!

And so looking forward to exploring life and living for herself. She wanted to date herself, for now, to love herself, to pamper herself, and see what she wanted from life. 

"Oh hoo, is that you, my pretty blind swan?" an excited voice exclaimed, and soon, a tall, extremely fair-skinned boy was standing in front of them, grinning down at her like an idiot.

Emma blinked. Then she groaned and closed her eyes. "Oh no, not again! Why are you everywhere, you annoying ghost?" she exclaimed exasperatedly and May could only turn her head around to eye them both.

"Hey, now how can be a ghost this handsome? I told you before, I'm quarter Italian!" the boy asked, pointing at himself. "You, blind swan's friend, do I look like a ghost to you?"

"Oh, what do you want kid?" Emma huffed and shoved him away from May. "Do not even think of hitting on my sister!"

The boy frowned. "Oh, who did you call a kid? I'm only a year younger than you! And I don't mind being younger" he wriggled his eyebrows before looking at May. "And, is she your sister? Really? But she seems so calm and pretty, lady-like! So nothing like you, my swan" he laughed mischievously at her, and she gritted her teeth before hitting him with her purse.

"I'll give you pretty! Dumbass! Quater ghost! Go away!" she huffed at him. Well, ever since that walking talking, loud, disaster-mouthed idiot fell off his bike in front of her, he'd made it his life mission to annoy her. Didn't even help that he'd once stumbled upon her having a crying episode when her depression was too much to handle for her. Somehow, he'd decided to help ease her heart by annoying her so much so that she had no time to spare to her despair.

Idiot!

"Oh... don't be so mean na~" the boy said, still laughing. "Did you come here to cheer for me? Oh, I knew it! My handsome face has been ruling your heart, isn't it? Don't lie!" he exclaimed eagerly and Emma rolled her eyes.