59. Not the Same

He lazily picked up his bag and waved his mother goodbye before dragging his feet out of the house. These past few days had been so exhausting, with Kao's worsened condition, Emma's parents divorce finalizing, and May becoming far too quiet as days passed by. P'Sharp had been in Hua Hin with his boyfriend and Beam was looking weaker and weaker by the day.

P'Sharp was like a wise, protective big brother to them all and since Rome had been getting closer and closer to the guy, even these few weeks without him were hard on the boy. Especially when all his friends were mentally disturbed and his little polar bear was acting like nothing better than a living corpse. He did not even know how to help his friends, or which one to help first for that matter.

He let out a deep sigh the moment he stepped out of the gate and found the newest headache of his life parked out front. Rome was beside himself these days. He did not understand how to deal with this! He wasn't used to this!

He wasn't used to dealing with this Pick!

He was used to a grumpy, aggressive, defensive, reluctant Pick who treated him like his personal trash! Who was selfish and does not give a damn!

Not this weird, sappy guy who just quietly followed him around, not talking much or doing anything else except looking at him with such care and longing, bringing him treats and what not, not really bothering him with anything except for just being there.

After the incident on the day his mom invited Pick inside the house, the guy even maintained a distance from him, not doing anything except for asking him to ride with him once in a while. That too was always blatantly refused, not much politely.

"No!" He hissed, voice clear as he saw Pick getting out of his car for him and walked away from his gate, not minding the puppy eyes thrown after him.

Well, did he ever care how he treated me? Why do I care? Huh! I do not!

.
.

"Oh, come on!" He sighed as someone placed packed food in front of him.

"Your order, sir"

Rome looked up at the delivery boy who smiled down at him and asked him to sign the delivery slip which he reluctantly did. Once the guy was gone, he let out a deep sigh and looked down at the Styrofoam.

He blinked and pulled the sticky note off to read.

Hope your favorite meal brought back that beautiful smile on your face that brightens my day.

With love,
Your prickly Pick :*

(Huh, prickly Pick? The hell!) Rome scoffed, shaking his head and looked down at the drink, the iced lemon grass margarita. Then he opened the food container to find his favorite sesame cashew chicken and rice with a piece of grilled chicken and a fudge brownie.

"Huh, that's a surprise, he remembers my favorites" Rome found himself being pleasantly surprised as he bit on his lower lip, staring at the food food container, contemplating before finally picking up the spoon to take a bite.

And it tasted like heaven. So he hungrily dug in.

And seeing him smile so happily after eating the food he got him, Pick's face turned up into a bright and happy smile as he turned away from the pillar he was hiding behind with a content look on his face.

As he walked out of the faculty cafeteria, someone else descended down the stairs, eyes boring holes at his retreating figure before the said person turned to a certain table where a short little guy sat alone.

All alone.

A smile formed on Din's lips. It was not often that he could find Rome unguarded. All his friends, Emma, those engineering boys and that fake boyfriend of his, no one ever left the guy alone. Never.