70. Take Responsibility (a)

"He wants what?"

Forth met Beam's eyes and smiled softly. "He wants to put the guy in prison. Get justice" he spoke, his tone amused, and Beam chuckled softly.

"Kao told me Pete used to be an arrogant bully not so long ago. But that kid's just a... kid. Ah, ignorance and innocence are a blessing! I envy him" He sighed and Forth followed, sighing too.

"He is. He's just a bit too hot-tempered for his own good, he's always been. And..." Forth stopped to let out a sigh. "And, he kinda has a habit of doing whatever I do, even if he isn't aware he's doing it, so..." he trailed off and Beam scoffed.

"So, he can be a canned-headed idiot sometimes, and that's thanks to you? Wow, Jathurapoom, all these new-found qualities and accomplishments of yours keep surprising me" he said in a mock-inspired tone, and Forth scoffed, shooting him a dirty look.

"Fuck you" he lightly shoved Beam before walking ahead. But then he turned around. "Oh, and thanks! For the lovely dinner. So thoughtful of you" he shot Beam a cheesy grin and the guy rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I sent you food, you won the lottery!" Beam said sarcastically and turned around to walk towards his baby brother, watching him feed his boyfriend breakfast.

"I won't be this happy winning a lottery" Forth just followed after him, giving him a teasing look and enjoying the annoyance on his face. "It's far bigger happiness knowing I've found such a caring boyfriend"

"Who's your boyfriend, you assfaced clown?" Beam shot him a glare. "Did I agree to it? Or you just decided on your own?"

Forth blinked. He eyed Beam. "Ah, I really wanna know how you two brothers come up with such insulting names.  How can I have a face of ass and a clown?"

"You are an ass! And you look like a clown when you have that creepy smile on!" Beam huffed and walked ahead with Forth shaking his head and following after.

"I am too handsome to resemble a clown" he still insisted and again, was awarded with an annoyed glare. He laughed. "Ah, and I'm not deciding anything for you" he said and met Beam's eyes to smile softly. "I'm just hoping here"

Beam blinked, eyes staring into Forth's for a while to find any hint of insincerity before hurrying away from him. He reached where Pete sat with his arms wrapped around Kao while Kao fed him. The boy had woken up far too early in the morning and caused a ruckus, literally shaking the life out of Beam and waking the poor guy up, demanding to be brought to his Pete. Huh, what a nuisance!

"You! Are you two done?" he barked at the couple, startling them. "You! How much have you missed out at school? Huh?" he asked Pete who blinked, sharing a look with Kao before giving Beam a sheepish grin.

"Em, not much?" he asked and gulped when Beam shot him a mean look. "I need to take care of Pick!"

"This moron Forth would do it" Beam retorted and Forth, who stood with a straight face and folded arms, snapped his neck towards Beam with his eyebrows raised.

"I will?"

And when Beam shot him a glare.

"Yeah, I will" Forth nodded.

"He will! You! Get your ass up! Kao brought you his uniform. I'm taking you to school! And I'd tolerate no whining!" Beam jabbed a finger in Pete's direction, his tone leaving no room for the boy except to cower behind a gaping Kao and make a peace sign.

"Ai, Ai, captain!"

"Captain your ass! Get up!" Beam barked grumpily and Pete shot up from the couch.