Mary- the maid of honor- stood with a quivering lip as music began to play. She wiped beneathe her eyes, and I stood as one of the groomsmen, trying not to laugh.

I looked out in the stands, seeing my girlfriend, who just adored Macy. She was excited, too.

The colors were cool. A jade green that was pastalled, and matched Macy's eyes. Everyone waited, and soon...
"There she is." Xavier said under his breath.

Macy Ramirez, getting married to Conrad Grimmie. His face.

His eyes.

I know what love is because of those two.

"I'm married!" Conrad shouted outside, spinning Macy around while she laughed uncontrollably.

I watched as Gerard spoke to Conrad earlier. He was a serious man, but Conrad said something that made him laugh, and instead of the normal handshake he'd usually given Conrad, he embraced him.

After that, Xavier was there, hugging Conrad as well. "She's- she's still my sister." He said with a croak. "So if you hurt her feelings even arguing over what to have for dinner, I will kick your ass." Xavier spoke in all seriousness, sad while he did.

I went home with my girlfriend, alone since Macy and Conrad went off to some cottage hotel that costed a fortune from Mary and her boyfriend.

Things weren't very different after that. Macy and Conrad didn't love eachother any less. In fact, each day I swear to god they fall deeper in love.

Macy and Conrad were probably the best guardians to have. Macy was caring, funny, and was able to covince Conrad to make her and I dessert every time I asked. Then again, she was able to make him do anything. Conrad gave shitty advice, but I'd thank him for trying. When I was younger, and things were bad, I never even thought of the idea of being with Macy every day, talking about life and her giving me advice for girls. They were my bestfriends.

Then when Journey died was one of the only times Macy was genuinely heartbroken. I remember Conrad holding her the night they had to put Journey to sleep. Journey had bone cancer, like most Mastiffs did. Only, he was a miracle dog for lasting so long. They usually only lasted until age six or eight. Journey was ten. They had to put him to sleep because they'd be selfish to keep him alive. He couldn't walk on his right forward leg, and cried everytime he tried to stand. He was relieved of his pain now.

I could tell Conrad wanted to cry, but held it in while she did. He kissed her hair, and she clinged tighter onto him, sobbing. That dog would never be forgotten.

There were also times I hated their love, because it made me want it.

They'd argue a lot, but when they did it was never serious.

"Conrad, you idiot, why didn't you clean the table?" She called while he and I were talking sports.

He looked up at me. "Did you hear something?" He asked dumbly, sarcasm leaking through his pores as I saw her glare at his head.

I laughed.

"Weird, I could've sworn I heard the devil screaming at me."

That was when she jumped onto his back, making him catch her with ease and run around with her clinging onto him. He came back and dropped her on the couch, she looked up at him in shock. "What the hell-"

"I so saw that coming." He said, kissing her lips, then neck.

That was usually when I'd uncomfortably excuse myself and go meet with my friends or my girlfriend.

But going all the way back, I remember the aftermath of their wedding ceramony. He carried her bridal-style around like she was too perfect to step on ground. Journey was wearing a green bow tie around his neck that matched the color scheme of the wedding. The wedding pictures, which I was in.

I felt eleven all over again, in the hug and looking up to watch the way they looked at eachother, and always wishing Conrad would just sweep her off her feet. I got that wish, along with the family that included two love birds, and a dog.

To say I was lucky was an understatement.

The End-
For real this time, I swear.

Also check out my other works:

Smile for Me (Student/Teacher)

Mind the Code: The Problem with Revenge

The Art of Kissing