Is It Ok To Touch You?

Greetings dear friends,
How has your week been? Mine was alright. I was painfully sick yesterday, but it gave me all day to write and forget about responsibilities!
My Wednesday was the best, my brother's friend came by a track meet and I talked to him allll night and it was so nice because I never see him because he's five years older than me, and goes to a college that's an hour away. <//3
Unfortunately, that's my real brother's bestfriend story and it continues... Only his friend is incredibly sweet, but oblivious.
I'm probably boring you, I apologize.
On with the story...
Comment
Vote
Have a great week and don't get sick!

***

I couldn't control the faltering of my voice. There was more silence on the other side and I wondered if he had even heard me. "I love Macy!" I said louder this time. 

After he said nothing, I left.  

Because I was officially in love with Macy. I drove home nice and slow. It was comforting calling the same place she called home, home. Our home was the same place, but I just had yet until home was the both of us, right? 

I needed to make her love me again, and I needed to treat her like she deserved. That's what Ryat said. Inside the house was quiet with Xavier was passed out on the couch and Macy was laying on Journey, reading a book. 

The dog looked at me, stone faced. I was confused, because didn't we just become friends? He snuggled closer to Macy and gave me that same look that said he was better than me. Then I understood. 

He liked me in secret.

I guess that's how it can be between us. 

She lifted her pretty eyes from her book and smiled to me casually. "Where've you been all day?" She asked me, making me wonder if she really cared. 

"Ah.. Work and.." I didn't tell her about Dr. Ryat, but I was contemplating telling her about Cory. I decided to keep it a secret for the time being. "Just. Work." 

She narrowed her eyes at me, like she knew I was hiding something. The old Macy was coming through. I could barely feel the nostalgia just by seeing that teasing look in her eyes.  

Macy sat up and smacked Journey on his belly. He blew out a breath as if she annoyed him, but when she hugged him tight he planted a wet and slobbery kiss on her face. 

I went upstairs to breathe. I needed to fucking breathe because when I was around her I forgot how to. I felt like I would snap at her every second because of the boyish feelings she'd give me. 

After finally composing myself, I went downstairs. She was leaning against the counter trying to open a can of Spaghetti-O's with the can opener I planned on giving her for Christmas. She struggled for a good amount of time and I just stood there trying not to laugh too loud. When she slammed it in frustration I came up from behind her and took it. She froze in shock and I realized that our proximity was all on me, and it was a little too soon to be getting too close, literally. 

I opened it for her and tried to break the awkwardness, of course I was never very good at that. "I got this for you to make things easier, I see it did nothing." 

She laughed lightly and took it back from me. "What, do they not have regular can-openers in London?"  

She shrugged. "I never really had to do all that myself." She said shyly. 

"Did you have a roommate?" 

She stiffened a bit. "Uh, yeah." 

She suddenly turned quiet on me, and I didn't know what to do to fix it, so I went to the couch where Xavier was at and sat on him. "Lazy motherfucker, get up." I told him.