Epilogue II

Dead. Silence. In the glass office room. The man who was trying to get us to leave watched and awaited what would happen. The clients leaned in like it was a movie, Macy was speechless.

Fear built up inside of me, and I worried so much what she'd say. Yes, Macy, my guardian, is very capable of saying no. And I thought this as no exception.

I was so scared, and seeing the look on Conrad's face told me he was, too. Far more afraid than I was.

Suddenly- a movement.

Her head, her hair, she was nodding.

Macy nodded.

And like a car window opened on the highway, she broke the silence with a scream, "Yes!" And threw her arms around his neck while he stood up and spun her around. "Yes, Conrad, I will." She said into his neck. "I will marry you."

The impossible... is possible.

He cheered, and I was soon shoved aside by none other than the Marilyn Jones, Macy's bestfriend. "Did I miss it? Did it happen?" She asked eagerly, barging in and looking around.

Macy was set down, and looked at Mary. "You knew?"

"Are you kidding? He wasn't going to tell me until this one over here told me ten minutes ago." Mary said, jabbing her finger back at me.

Conrad, still believing they were the only two in the building, took her hand and lifted the ring. Her eyes fixed upon it, and I'd be a liar if I said that not every single person in the room was as well. It was incredible, and it fit her beautifully.

The look she gave her ring then, it wasn't like how she looked at her ring five years prior with Jared, who was now semi-happily married with a rebound, it was a look of adoration. Pure happiness. I knew Conrad always felt so joyful when she was like that, when she was happy like that, he was as well.

He pulled her in for a kiss, taking her by surprise. I collapsed onto a chair and breathed out, my body sore and tired from the ridiculous running around.

That was also when I realized the people crowded behind the working man who gawked at the perfect newly-engaged couple. There were women, men- also the two from the elevator- and they were all very well dressed.

Conrad and I really did stand out.

The clients clapped, and soon everyone else did, which caused Conrad and Macy to step back into reality and the two flushed. It was very amusing.

I clapped as well, having Mary come up to lean down and hug me. "Thanks for keeping him in line, Cory." She said with a pat on my shoulder.

Macy then detached herself from Conrad in embarrassment, and her eyes landed on me. The look she gave me, unbelievably amusing with narrowed eyes. I couldn't help but grin when she shook her head.

"Well congratulations," A client said, standing up slowly like the old man he was and walked over to shake Conrad's hand with both of his. "Miss Ramirez, please, thank you for your time." He said, and waved the man and woman up who were also Macy's clients. They seemed closer in age.

I watched business-Macy take place, and her eyed widened. "Oh, really I'm sorry about-"

"Don't you apologize for getting engaged. He did it better than I did at your age. She slapped me, but she said yes." He said, wiggling his fingers to flash his wedding band.

Macy chuckled, "But really, we don't have to reschedule, we can-"

"No, I think we're done. Thank you for your time." He said kindly, leaving with the other two.