Yay

"Thanks Conrad, you've helped more than you know." My boss, Carl, told me as I was leaving to go back home.

I was to help with the calculating. It was really good because I was pretty good with math, after all it was what I did back at the old bidding placements.

"You're welcome." I said as I left.

"Drive carefully on your way home." He warned. Carl was a nice man. Definetly much better than my last boss, that was for sure. He knew I lived a bit far from Dallas and it was a dark and sleepy drive home.

I didn't mind anymore. I was lucky it gave me space away from Macy until she got married and went back to live in London with her...

I shook my head and rolled down the window to smoke. It was way too much to think about, so I'd do anything to get it out of my mind.

Dr. Ryat had been calling me from worry since I hadn't contacted him in a while. When I finally remembered to call him back he asked how I was as soon as he answered.

"I'm fine." I answered.

"Will you tell me what's wrong when you're ready?" He asked, knowing full well I was far from 'fine.'

I took a deep breath and breathed out smoke, weaving through the sleeping drivers on the highway. "I'm gonna forget about Macy."

"Really." Dr. Ryat sounded like he was writing stuff down and thinking of what to say next.

"Yeah."

"When would you like to set up your next appointment?" He suddenly asked, probably wanting to save the long talk for us in person.

"I'm free this weekend. Can you do Saturday?"

"That's tomorrow."

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

When I thought the conversation was over I said goodbye, but he caught me before I hung up. "You seem gloomy again. Can you hold on until tomorrow for me?" He asked in concern.

"Yeah, sure."

When I got to the house Macy and Jared were at the dinner table drinking coffee and talking. It was really late, so I wondered why they were still up.

"He's your cousin, what's the matter with you?" I heard her ask him.

"I know, but it annoys me how he looks at you." Jared complained.

"What?"

"It's like, almost how I do."

She laughed a little and touched his hand. "Jay, no one can look at me like you do."

I plugged in my imaginary ear plugs and played music in my head, trying to do what Ryat told me to and hold on until the next day. I waited until I got Ryat's text message that told me what time.

As I headed up the stairs, Macy called my name and I turned to see Jared had gone to the bathroom or something. "How was it?" She asked me, seeming to finally be able to talk to me.

For the past few weeks of course I'd been avoiding her, well I didn't avoid her, but I treated her like I did back then. Not in a negative way, but how I would since she was just my friends sister. She shouldn't be so important to me so I acted exactly as if she wasn't. "Good." I told her and continued to head upstairs.

"Conrad?" She called my name again.

Macy? I wanted to say back, but I just turned around on the step I was at and looked at her. I said nothing and just waited for for her to speak to me so I could escape to sleep.