Don't Give Up

You don't stop?

What does that mean?

"Does that mean-"

"I'm not saying she's still in love with you, but I know for any human being, especially Macy, that once you love someone, you never stop caring."

I stared at her, completely confused. "What does that mean?"

"In love with you. Hung up on you, wanting to be with you, that's all left her mind. Obviously. But just loving you, she's accepted the fact she won't be with you. That's probably why she's with Jared. Technically she doesn't want you anymore."

"Are you saying she doesn't love him?"

"I don't know, but why else would she be getting married? I'm sure she does love him. You're right though, he doesn't seem right for her."

I knew it was then that Mary was on my side. Whether she hated me or not. "How do you plan to get her to fall in love with you again?"

"I'm still shocked at the fact that she actually still cares for me."

Mary rolled her eyes. "Don't get cocky now."

"I don't know." I admitted. "I want to show her I'm different. I'm not the same guy who couldn't go a week without sex, or a day without coke. I'm different now."

Mary stuffed her face some more, then once her plate was finished she picked off mine. "You're paying, by the way." When she took a fair amount of my food she looked back at me and folded her hands together. "You're different. How are you gonna show her that?"

I shrugged.

Mary rolled her eyes. "You should try to spend as much time with her as possible. Get close like you were back then, or even closer. As awkward as it may be, bring up the past. The good memories. Before California."

I let out a breath and clenched my jaw, "Wow she really does tell you everything, huh."

"Not anymore."

She was talking about Macy's painting. "You really have no idea why she stopped?" I asked her, and she knew exactly what I was talking about.

She shook her head. "Can you ask her?"

"I did, she got upset at me."

She sighed. "Stubborn bitch." She murmured. "Well, I guess I'll try again."

"What do I do?"

"What I just told you. Now, I have an interview in an hour and want to look good. Any questions, I'll give you my number." Mary scribbled down a mix of ten digits and gave it to me. I took it when she left and had no choice but to pay for the food.

The bartender flagged me over- she was a one-night-stand. Really attractive, but not my type anymore. My type was Macy.

It wasn't always like that. Actually, it was quite the opposite. Macy definetly was not my type. She wasn't even in a catagory. She was just her, Macy.

"Conrad, wanna buy me a drink?" She asked.

I waved her off and left the restaurant, before I pissed off any other female.

...

I got back after lunch with Mary- ew- and felt so bored. No one was home, so I decided to take the opportunity to read something interesting.

Journey was ecstatic to see me and slept beside the couch I relaxed on. It was nice, I even fell asleep.

Although I went to sleep in comfort, I dreamt of Hell. I relived the times I visited the devil, and I even made Hell crash into a million non-existant pieces, and soon enough I was the one to construct it all over again, basically taking over for the devil himself.