Fill Me With Memories

Good afternoon or morning or whatever everybody!
I completely almost forgot that I was supposed to update. This whole new every-six-days is throwin me off.
Never mind that, I have a new chapter just for you. (: I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to update today... I'm supposed to update today, correct? Well if I'm late I apologize, and if I'm early then woo!
If you like this chapter or would like a sooner post give me a vote! Comment and tell me if you like it or not! It's still relatively new and I'm trying to decide which path to take with this story, and I welcome opinions. (:
Thanks for your time, & enjoy
- Cilla

***

I was working on Xavier's laptop in the dining room, where no one really ever went. I liked it for that reason.

I wasn't sure why I was pissing myself off by being in earshot of all of them. It was a terrible decision, but since I could hear it, I couldn't leave.

It must've been an hour since we all gathered downstairs. Jared and Macy talking about how they met. Jared and Macy making fun of eachother, hearing them laugh. And there I thought hearing Mark's name was painful. Luckily I got a call and answered it the second it buzzed.

"Hello?" I said quickly, not really giving a shit how grumpy I sounded.

"Conrad," It was Cory. I found myself hopping up quicker than I expected and almost fell over, but fast walked into the living room to grab my keys after Cory told me to go see him.

"Hey, Con!" Xavier called behind me as I slipped on my unnecessary jacket.

"What." I said irritated.

"Where're you going?"

"I'll be back soon." Was all I said, and shut the door trying to block out each of their careless voices.

I didn't know if that's what I should be. Careless, or truly honest. It wasn't time for honesty yet, so I was stuck with careless. Back to where I was before. I just didn't know if that'd get me anywhere.

I drove to Cory quickly and searched in my car for something I could give him. I found nothing but empty candy wrappers, all from Cory and me, and mostly empty cigarette boxes and empty lighters.

When I was to the orphanage, Cory stood in the front and stared at me. I had nothing for him, and I felt bad. I pulled up in front of him and we just nodded to eachother.

"You admitted it." He said.

"It wasn't easy." I told him.

"No it ain't." He said with a bit of playfulness. I grinned at him and unbuckled my seat belt to talk to Ms. Zoey. "No." He said, and I stopped.

"What?"

"I talked to Ms. Zoey, let's go see Macy." He told me, getting in the truck with me.

I sighed and decided to tell him about her marriage when we got there. I had a feeling it would make him even more angry at her and he wouldn't go, but I wanted him to. "Promise you told Ms. Zoey?"

"Yeah," He said and got settled, opening my glove compartment and finding a giant bag of Sour Patch Kids.

"How the hell- What the hell?" I said in amazement. I looked at him and he laughed lightly, taking a handful and eating them happily.

"You need to start locking your car, Con." Cory told me.

"Who would steal this piece of shit?" I said and he shook his head, knowing full well I was half-joking. "So," I said when we lingered at the last red light until turning into the driveway. "Are you excited?" I asked.