A1

Mary was just such a contrast to Macy when it came to feelings. That bitch didn't care about throwing them around freely, but Macy cherished them. I wondered if Jared knew that.

I wondered if she was aware of how much I knew about her. She probably didn't even know how I felt about her four years ago, and thought I was just using her. That's what I was mostly afraid of.

I got really bored and didn't know how long I would be out there, so I pulled out my phone and called Aaron's place.

"Hey Conrad, how are you doing?" Andrea answered. I heard Mr. Jole's coughing in the background.

"Hey, I'm good. How about you?"

"Good! Daddy's good. Aaron isn't home right now, he's working." She said in a sorry voice, and probably knew he was the reason I called. I just needed to talk to my brother, but Andrea would do.

"Oh."

"Is it about Macy?" She asked. I huffed out a quiet laugh and wondered how much she knew. "Aaron tells me everything, there's no need to hold back." Andrea was a really nice woman. She was a bit plain but she perfect for Aaron. I liked her, she was kind of like a cousin to me. Not a sister, but a cousin.

"Well, I had to take her so she could do her errands. I mean, that's what we're doing right now."

"Where is she?"

"In Sublime with her friend. She's being a bitch to me."

"Who, Macy?"

"No, her friend."

I heard Andrea sigh in thought. "Are you not with them?"

"No I left because I would've said something I'd regret if I was still around her friend."

Andrea chuckled quietly. "Oh, Con, how is Macy treating you?"

"The usual..."

"And how is that?"

"I don't know."

There was a bit of silence on the other end while she was thinking of what to say. Jole's voice spoke from a distance, "Baby, is that Conrad?"

"Yes, Daddy," She shouted back.

"Tell him to stop being a pussy and be a man and get his girl back!" He shouted loud enough for me to hear and I heard Andrea scold him, but when I couldn't contain the short laughter Jole brought me she giggled along.

"Well thanks." I said with a chuckle and Andrea was still laughing, and I heard Jole's deep chuckles too.

"Oh, I'm sorry Conrad." She spoke happily. "I'll tell Aaron you called?"

Her trace of laughter added on to mine, "Yeah thanks, Andrea."

"Bye! Good luck!"

"I'll try to come by soon." I told her, and we hung up. I was thankful for becoming close to my brother, and his kind wife. I knew how she sometimes hated it when I smoked in her house or banged in her door while they were sleeping and barged in drunk, but she was still nice to me.

But when I turned around, Macy was standing there and looking at me. "Sorry, were you on the phone?" She asked shyly.

"How long were you standing there?" I forgot hold back on narrowing my eyes and it was too late.

"Not long..." She stepped back and I stuffed my phone into my pocket.

"Well, where do you want to go now?" I asked her, now feeling shy myself and embarrassed, hoping she didn't get the wrong idea about Andrea.