Lunch

Ok, I am probably the most disorganized person on earth right now. I was supposed to update last night, but as you can see... I got distracted.
Last night was the Independence Day celebration at Allen, and it was crazy. It's a tradition, so of course I had to go and watch the magnificent fireworks show. And PTX was there, the YouTube singing group. There were over 90k people there and believe me, four years ago it was nowhere near as crowded as it was last night.
Well, I am sorry for the late update and for boring you, I'd like to thank XGummyBear_WarriorsX for reminding me of the update!!
Thanks so much <3
Comment
Vote
Enjoy
~

I parked and walked to the front with Macy at my side. Before I knocked on the door it was swung open by Andrea and she smiled gratefully. "Good you're here!" She looked at Macy. "Hi, I'm Andrea."

"Macy." She said with her typical sweetness.

"Come in, come in." She said and I remembered to let Macy step in before me.

"What was so important-"

"Conrad! Come in here, Loverboy!" I heard Aaron call.

I looked at Andrea and she widened her eyes nervously. She was realizing she forgot to tell Aaron I had Macy with me. "Uh, babe?" Andrea yelled.

"What babe," Aaron asked lovingly from the other room.

"Conrad has a friend with him."

Aaron's voice rounded the corner as he said, "Friend? Conrad has friends? Maybe lovers but that's just-" He shut up just before he said her name and I was so annoyed yet so thankful. "Macy! Hello!" He smiled and gave her a friendly hug.

"So, Con. You gotta promise me you won't be mad about this..." Aaron said after he and Macy greeted eachother. He was facing me and talked in all seriousness.

"Well, first of all, I don't even know what you're talking about so I'm not promising shit." I said, nodding for Macy to follow and she did, giving me a short glare saying she wasn't a dog. I rolled my eyes at her and let her know I knew exactly what she was trying to say.

We neared into the living room and Aaron took a deep and shaky breath. On one side sat Jole, in his big chair. On the couch, layed a sad man who was no older than 50, my dad. "What the hell is he doing here?" I snapped at Aaron and he shushed me.

"Conrad, you gotta listen, okay? He's upset, and unhealthy. He tried to overdose last night." Aaron said to me slowly and I recalled the previous day. I had gone over there and slammed the door in his face.

Was I supposed to be upset? Was I supposed to feel bad? Because I didn't know what to feel at all. I was in shock.

Jole called Macy over to sit next to him and she sat in the big chair beside him and he began talking to her nicely. Son of a bitch was never that nice to me. "Conrad!" Aaron whisper-shouted to me trying to get me to pay attention.

"Why? What made him do that?"

"I don't know, he said he's let us down."

"He has."

"Shut up for a second, he wanted to talk to you."

I groaned, but sat on the couch that was next to Macy and Jole, across from my quiet and weak-looking dad. "Conrad..." He began but I cut him off before he could begin the sob story.

"Is this because I stopped by yesterday?"

"You did what?" Aaron butted in.

I shushed him and went on, "I knew I shouldn't've gone over there..." I groaned, rubbing my jaw in frustration.