Date Me

Hey guys, if you haven't yet read my profile update please do, because it has my publishing schedule for both EAIF and my new story, SFM.
I really hope you enjoy this chapter, and soon hope to turn your frowns upside down. :)
- cilla ♥

I woke up to playful screaming and the sliding of someone on the kitchen floor. Her laughter and Journey's barking was awfully loud and I immediately smelled pancakes.

His laughter sounded too. It was like they were children or something.

I stood up and stretched, throwing on a shirt and standing in my doorway. Xavier did the same. "Yeah, it woke me up too." He grumbled.

My throat was too dry to speak so we both just headed downstairs, walking like zombies and being half asleep.

Macy and Jared were playing in the kitchen, chasing eachother and seemed to have a pancake batter fight, since both their faces and clothes were streaked with gooey batter while Journey sprinted around the living room into the kitchen and around again, barking in excitement.

Her green eyes flicked up at me and I realized they were still covered. Was that how Macy lived now? Hiding emotion even from her fiancé? Her and Jared looked at both Xavier and me and froze.

"It'd be nice if you kept it down." Xavier grumbled again.

Macy bit her lip, holding back laughter. She looked at me, waiting for me to say something. "You got a little..." I motioned to her face.

She smiled and wiped off not even five-percent of the batter off her pretty face. "Did I get it?"

"Yeah, you got it." I told her and she laughed.

Jared threw his arm around her and gave her a big kiss on her cheek. "Sorry for waking you up, guys." Jared said in embarrassment.

Ha Mr. Perfect is embarrassed! It was the first time I saw him playing with Macy like a child. I missed doing that. "It's all good." I said back, surprising myself by getting along with him so well. I hated this man.

But I was nice to him because my friend was getting married to him.

"Well, go clean yourselves up and don't get my floor dirty." Xavier said tiredly.

Macy jumped on Jared's back and he piggy-backed her up the stairs.

I plopped onto the couch miserably. This was hard. "What's up with you?" Xavier asked.

The shower turned on and I heard Macy's squealing. I took a pillow and stuffed it to my face, hoping I could stop breathing. "Are... they..."

"Ugh fuck that's fucking disgusting, they're showering together." Xavier shivered in disgust and I just wanted to stop breathing. She's only my friend, goddammit.

I groaned louder at the thought and pressed the pillow harder to my face.

"You're gonna kill yourself." Xavier warned.

"Good." I muffled into the pillow and he pealed the pillow away from me.

"So what's suddenly gotten you all casual?" Xavier asked, laying on the other couch while Journey went to sit on the bean bag chair, which he did not fit in.

"We're friends now." I said lowly. It was stupid. I wasn't friends with women. Women were stupid, they were all annoying whores who needed men to survive.

Macy wasn't though. She was independent. Or at least I thought she was, since she was getting married I assumed that meant she needed Jared.