The King Is Back

An awful fucking headache was a great way to wake up. Then adding onto the embarrassment: remembering trying to make a drunk move on the girl who was getting married. To top things off I left my car and keys at the bar the night before.

Journey's face was in mine and he nudged my hand, trying to get me up. I tried pulling my hand back but the dog only whined. I threw off the blanket and stood up to let him outside, the front. The sun was screaming at me, laughing too at how stupid I could be.

I childishly flipped it off, I was just so mad. "Stupid fucking sun." I muttered.

"Good morning, Con. How are you feeling?" And my favorite person showed up with his fucking stupid accent. Acting like we were 'buds.' I wouldn't mind smashing his face with a golfclub at that moment.

"Like shit." I told him.

"Yeah, I feel awful too. Xavier and Macy had to deal with two drunken men last night." He chucked and squinted painfully at the sun just as I had. He sounded happier than me, but then again, everyone did.

I watched Journey sniff around after he pissed and continuously looked over at Jared with warning, like he was holding back smashing his head in. It made me like him more, and could probably sense that I wanted to do the same because he'd grin happily at me. "I had to leave Macy's car at the party last night.."

"Yeah, my truck is back at the bar too." I muttered. I didn't care that he was hungover also, and neither did he. I knew he didn't like me and I wasn't afraid of showing him I didn't like him either.

Macy and Xavier's voices sounded from inside and me and Jay silenced to listen.

"Jared left my truck at Fiona's." Macy groaned.

"Conrad left his car too-"

"Yeah I know." She said like she didn't care much.

"I'll just drop you off at the bar to pick up his keys and then he can take you to pick your car up."

"But Xav-"

"It's on the way to my work Macy, stop complaining."

She shutup afterwards and I knew she just didn't want to be around me. "Where are they?" Xavier asked and he opened the front door raising an eyebrow at me and Jared as if we were doing something wrong.

"Well goodmorning, idiots." Xavier said, smacking both of our heads making mine spin and I let out a groan at the same time as Jared.

"Xav!" Macy scolded him.

"Stupid piece of shi-" I began.

"Do you want your garbage back? I mean- your truck?" Xavier asked with a smirk.

I held my head and groaned in response. "Go shower and I'll take you. Make it quick too, I need to get to work."

I walked back inside with her dog at my side. Macy didn't look at me much, but I watched Jared wrap an arm around her and pull her close, going in to kiss the side of her head.

She stopped him and looked at his face and asked how he was feeling. "I'll live, but it's not the best feeling." He said groggily. I watched her smile at him and she went into the kitchen to give him medicine. She didn't even look at me after.

"Hurry, Conrad." Xavier told me, waking me up from the sudden trance.

I managed to get Journey to stay downstairs so I could go up the stairs and shower. I made it quick, but tried to scrub off her touch but every thing I remembered, where her fingers brushed. Where she scratched and kissed, and remembering every place on my body made my skin burn.