She looked sad. I knew as well that man did not intend to reschedule a meeting with her for a lifetime.

"Shit, I should've waited." Was the mutter that broke her concentrated work face.

She smiled up at him. "You should've." She said back in a joke, and he nudged her while she nudged him back.

The people on the eighteenth floor then scattered, avoiding Mary's bossy expression that told them to fuck off.

"Conrad..." She began, fingers brushing through his hair. "Where did this come from?" She asked. It made sense as well. The best part of it all was how him proposing was the very last thing she'd ever expect from him. The shock was still settling in.

Conrad rubbed his jaw in thought, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing. Priceless. "I- I don't know. I know you never really liked the thought of marriage. But I just felt it was missing."

She tilted her head. "The thing is, I had never really thought about it, us getting married."

He flushed again.

She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and bumping his forhead to hers. "But now I can't wait to be Mrs. Grimmie. Even if it doesn't sound good."

He laughed, "You're right, it sounds fucking terrible." and an outrageous joy sprang upon the situation, and he picked her up, spinning her like a princess and woo hooing like he was the happiest man in the world.

And I think that was the case.

Luckily, even after losing the clients, she didn't lose them after all. They called while we were sitting in the living room weeks after, Journey the old man-dog was resting on the floor in front of me and jumped when the phone rang.

Macy and Conrad were on the couch, casually kicked back with him snorning against her. She stood, leaving him to notice her absence and look around in confusion.

She answered the phone, and I watched the green eyes widen in excitement, and she calmly thanked the ringer, agreeing to deliver soon, then hung up.

Before we could even ask who it was she screamed.

"Holy shit..." Conrad jumped, not expecting her excitement. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked, sticking a finger in his ear to see if his eardrum was not in touch. He seemed to be okay.

"They did it! They accepted my covers, they loved them!"

Macy turned out to be a major book cover designer, and she made bank selling to the important clients. These were the billionares.

Conrad stood up quickly, "No way." He said, seeming to know exactly who she was talking about. I never understood how they did that mind thing. "The Robertsons??" He asked.

That was when the screaming started again and I laughed as Journey freaked out at how she jumped on Conrad, who barely caught her and collapsed onto the couch.

I heard faintly as she said into him, "I love you." Then I watched as he grinned and said it back.

...

"How ya' feeling, son?" Jole asked Conrad as he bounced on two feet. Gerard had just disappeared, and I believe I knew why. He would be the one to give Macy away- strange enough- and Xavier stood beside Conrad as the bestman- looking jittery as well.

"For fucks sake, get it together, will ya?" Grim came by and shook Xavier's shoulder, but speaking to Conrad as well.

"You guys should sit down." I told them, and they ruffled my hair, which was now ruined, and sat down at the seats, at the same place Xavier and Carol got married at.