t w e n t y f i v e

I woke up at exactly seven in the morning and spent the next twenty minutes over the toilet spilling last nights meal. Never again. If that was off of one beer the maybe I deserved to be ranked as a lightweight, I clearly needed to stop drinking. It never did my any good except in that moment, and those moments I could hardly remember.

I stumble back into the bathroom as Jack messily spread out on the bed, under the blankets he was naked and that's all I could think about. I definitely remembered that part of the night.

I pick my phone up from the nightstand and taking extreme notice of the several missed calls, text, voicemails - name it and it was probably in my notification bar. Now that i'm sober I can finally deal with my careless actions from last night. I can't believe I spent the night, well I can't believe i didn't at least say something to my dad before I even started drinking.

I quietly pick my belongings up from various parts of the floor before walking over to Jack's side of the bed. He is still out like a light but he looks so soft and gentle when he's sleeping, the crease between his eyebrows is finally relaxed. I wish i could just sit here all day and wait till he wakes up at least.

But my ass is already on the line.

I quickly scribble a quick note on the orange sticky pad on his nightstand before heading towards the door and successfully getting out the door. I take notice of the light coming from the bathroom door in the hall and try to make my journey quick just so I don't have to run into David.

I know I don't look at all how he left us last night.

Before I even make it past the door the lights fills the darkened hall and David stands in his police uniform seemingly ready to start his day at work.

"Good morning," He greets, his hands move to fix his utility belt.

"Good morning," I force a smile to cover my headache and sleepiness.

"Is Jack up?"

I shake my bead, "I just need to head home before my parents get too worried."

He scoffs playfully, "You're dad has called me fifteen times before I finally woke up to answer. Worried is an understatement."

oh, god.

"I'm so sorry," I groan in annoyance with his behavior already, "I should've just went home."

"No, no, it's fine," David quickly reassures, "He's your father, he's just making sure you're safe."

"I'm always safe, he just doesn't seem to accept that."

"Well my son always isn't and your father knows that ," He mumbles, I glance up to him with a cocked eyebrow waiting for him to give me an example of when Jack isn't safe but quickly brushes by it with a deep sigh, "I gave your dad a pretty good warming up to, I don't think there will be any problems with him."

David clearly doesn't know my dad.

I'm back on the road at 7:35 and the closer I get to home the more I dread having to step back inside my own house with my own family. I need to stop getting into the habit of thinking my parents can be as lenient as everyone else, because they can't and it's only going to dig me a further hole.

I use a makeup wipe to rid any smeared mascara or makeup and try to make myself presentable. I untie my hair from its messy sleep hair hoping it'll make up for my tired appearance. I pull beside my moms car preparing myself for whatever impact came with my fall. As i enter the house i'm greeted with the overwhelming smell of coffee and chocolate chip pancakes, either David did do some convincing or my mom was trying to make the house smell sweet since it was about to get ugly.