t w e l v e

At exactly 6:45 Marilyn text reminding me about the honor society's meeting tonight. I was inner battling my body and my conscious from this bed, they both wanted to stay but I really needed to be at that meeting. I had hopes of sleeping in till saturday morning before surrounding myself with Jack and his friends again, I guess this was more important than my needed rest.

I don't hesitate to switch clothes from my lack of energy, I look presentable enough. I grab my belongings before exiting my room and making way towards the front of the house. I smell my moms home cooked meal before actually entering the kitchen, my dad poorly aids beside her.

They both turn as I enter.

"You're missing dinner again?" My mom questions.

"Jack can wait Charlie," My dad adds on.

"I actually have a meeting at school for the honor society program," I quickly explain, "Jack can wait, dad."

I try to avoid questions when I leave the house especially since I've been out more. I know deep down my parents still hesitated over trusting me to make my own decisions, especially because the older I got the more challenging the decisions became. They both look at me as the same twelve year old who was shielded from the things I accept now, they believed my friends and now Jack influence me in some ways or others.

My judgement has been well so far.

Honors program is enough to relieve them and I exit the house with a deep breath. The drive back to campus isn't long, it's my first time actually driving myself since orientation. I quickly pull into one of the visitors parking spaces along with the other kids for the meeting.

I don't expect this meeting to be much or to even be long. This isn't my first year in the program, I've been a reoccurring member since sophomore year.

I open the doors to the library following the directions written on the whiteboard ; honors society to the left. Immediately I notice the side profile of the blonde who has appeared more than wanted at this point.

"Charlie!" Marilyn exclaims.

I quickly divert my attention to the cheerful Marilyn and her excitement.

"Wow, you look comfortable," She comments eyeing my lazy attire, "But I'm glad you're here. You've been one of our top members for three years and we really need a president."

I open my mouth to deny the offer before Johnson steps towards Marilyn and I.

"Who better than Charlotte, right?" He adds.

Marilyn slightly giggles, "I almost forget, this is Johnson one of our newest members."

I tightly smile, "We've met, he's Jack's friend."

"Oh," Marilyn mumbles, she doesn't acknowledge my comment since she seemingly doesn't like Jacks kind of people, "Well Johnson is a very smart student. He actually has a 4.1 gpa, that's two more than you."

"Does he now?" I mutter, slightly offended by his intelligence.

Marilyn excitedly nods her head never looking away from Johnson, who never looked away from me.

"I didn't peg you as a honor student," He comments.

Marilyn giggles, "Her recent behavior has been questionable."

I shoot a sour look over to her that goes unnoticed before she diverts the conversation back into the actual reason we're all here.

"We're up," She mentions before dragging my forearm towards the front of the room.