f i v e

Jack arrives at my house ten minutes after seven which further proves his poor time management, even if it only by ten minutes.

I tell my dad that I was going to attend a birthday dinner with Jordan and Jack, a bit hesitant on the school night situation but the relief of Jordan's presence is enough to convince him. Although Jordan actually wasn't going to be there, I only wished that part was true. As much as I liked the idea of meeting Jack and his friends, I hated the idea of going to dinner with a group of stranger and James.

I fix my blouse in the body mirror by the front door making sure I look presentable before exiting the house. Jack's car runs in the background although he stands on the passengers side watching me approaching him.

"And you said you owed nothing sexy," He playfully jokes once I reach his car. He smirks while wrapping an arm around my waist pressing a small kiss to my left cheek.

I flush not at the kiss but thought of being intimate in front of my house, my dad was probably peeping through the blinds waiting till i leave safely.

Jack opens the passengers door as I slide into the car before quickly jogging over to the drivers side. His car fills with warm air as he adjust the knobs. I look at myself through the small mirror touching up on the little makeup I have on.

"I wasn't sure what the dress code was," I say, "I tried formal but casual."

I turn towards him giving him my attention as his smiles widens at my nervousness. He leans across the divider, grabbing my face, and planting a long intimate kiss onto my lips. His lips taste like vanilla lip balm which only makes me never want to pull away, it definitely feels like it last forever. I can tell by the sudden pulse in between my legs and my quickening heart rate that this could end several ways.

Jack and I haven't had sex since the first time we actually had sex. He's never mentioned it and I refrain from mentioning it. It's not that I don't want to, but even the first time was still a giant step out of the box for me. Jack Gilinsky was the only boy in the world to have seen my body the way it was given to me, and that still stirred up loads of anxiety.

This resulted in every touch, glance, kiss, even car rides to be the most tension filled they can be. The backseat was a memory we both created together and it was hard to be in that same memory made space and try not to recreate it.

Surprisingly he pulls away first and just glances at me with a small smile before sitting properly in his seat. The sound his car made once pulling off gave me the opportunity to release the breath of air I was holding in. Why was I still in the butterfly phase when it was clear Jack was sliding for home base?

The ride to the restaurant gives me time to wonder of Jack and his friends, I was curious on what type of people they are. Because Jack was the way he was, and the way James acted, I knew that none of them could ever be like my friends.

Once arriving Jack steps from the car first before aiding me to get out. We begin our journey to the entrance of the building with our hands interlocked. It felt very adult of us to walk in here dressed the way we were, together, and eating out even if it was with a group of people. It was the first time Jack and I been somewhere that wasn't the Peak or his car, and it was to meet his friends.

Meeting new people never scared me, it never made me nervous to introduce myself to somebody but as of right now, I was glad my top was breathable cause I was becoming hotter each step we took.

We must've gotten close to the group because the people at the upcoming table rise up from their seats. I grip Jack's hand tighter as we approach them, he notices the slight squeeze and pulses back for reassurance.