t h i r t y e i g h t

i make sure to not fall asleep in the bathtub.

I can't remember the last time i actually laid in a bath, actually healed with the water, and the bubbles, and the smell of cherry vanilla. And through the vents i smell my moms cooking which heightens my hunger. But it was only when i rinsed off in the shower that i seen that i wasn't actually healed.

I was still hungry though.

Although it was pretty late in the night I never heard my parents door open, which means they're probably waiting for me to come to the kitchen. Im wait it out from being so nervous to be around my parents. I tie the plush robe around my waist tightly while running fingers through my damp hair trying to make up for not brushing it this morning, but a ponytail never hurt.

The stacked textbooks call for me to at least read over a page and review for the upcoming test, but my attention was far from schoolwork for now.

As i apply a layer of body lotion there's a soft knock on my door. I can tell by the patterned knocks that it's my mom probably needing a confirmation that i was indeed skipping out on dinner.

"Charlie?" She calls out as I don't immediately answer her.

I open the door just enough to see her face cause she definitely didn't need a full glimpse of mine. I haven't even seen what I looked like under the influence and I didn't want anything to give it away.

She immediately notices the barely opened door, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, i'm fine."

"You just skipped dinner..."

"Not hungry."

She nods her head, "I brought you a plate. It's a new twist on meatballs, someone at church-"

"Not hungry mom," I cut in.

Her raised expression tells she not satisfied to walk away yet, "You ate with Jordan earlier?"

"Yeah, some hawaiian place," I shrug without realizing i'm thinking of my late lunch with Johnson.

"Oh, well," She sighs finally giving in, "Sleep well. Leftovers will be in the fridge."

I force a tight smile before closing and locking my door again, last thing I needed was another interruption.

I follow Noelles list for the night and snuggle up with a bag of marshmallows for a snack and my favorite movie. Although three marshmallows in and thirteen minutes into the movie i'm fast asleep, and I sleep like i haven't slept in the last seventeen years.

When the dissociation and fogginess from my quick high settle it's already the middle of the week again. I would usually self loathe in the fact that for almost a week i've done nothing but go to school and sleep, but my tired brain wasn't up for nitpicking at insecurities or anything for that matter.

I wasn't sure how long Gilinsky could go without speaking to me but I knew that I was at a 48 hour period of uncomfortableness. This isn't how a relationship is, i get why we're not talking to each other but i don't get why it's so easy to do that. I knew what it was time to talk about however for the last five days i haven't really thought about Johnson, in fact i've been doing my up most best to never cross paths with him again. Even intentionally skipping honor society meetings or eating in the cafeteria. or parking halfway across the schools parking lot.

But as the stalker girlfriend i am, I was parked outside of Jacks house trying to scope the place out. I wasn't sure if his car was still at Donnie's but it sure as hell wasn't here, only the police cruiser pristine and shiny. Almost on cue Mr Gilinsky presents himself in the front entrance, a cup in his hand and a welcoming smile on his face. He was probably watching me from the camera for the past fifteen minutes.