n i n e t e e n

Jack and I spend the rest of the week constantly dancing around everything that was done and talked about at that coffee shop, so we don't damper on it again. Currently we make our way over to Noelle's house for his car repairments. It's wednesday, Noelles dad promised to look at his car with no cost - i guess friendships comes with their advantages. My mind relives my talk with Jordan, I just need to ask Noelle.

I stare up at the large brick house as Jack pulls into the driveway, his car stalls on the slight hill. The older man stand at the entrance of the garage waving us in while shielding his eyes from the sun.

Jack smiles brightly honking his horn loudly, "Donnie!"

We both exit the car walking the remainder steps the way up the driveway. Jack meets me at the front of the car taking my hand, and leading the way up to the garage.

"Welcome back," Jack greets, Donnie messes his hair up in return, "This is my girl, Charlie."

Donnie raises an eyebrow curiously, "Your girl? The end of times, isn't it?"

I smile shaking his extended hand, "It's nice to meet you Mr Taylors."

"Oh, and she has manners," He teases, "Just Donnie, don't make me feel old yet."

"Is Noelle here?" I question, Jack looks down at me surprised by my question.

"Somewhere in the house, you can go for a look."

What a perfect opportunity.

Jack squeezes my hand for reassurance before Donnie pulls his attention to the car. He's been skeptical of my true feelings, but now that we'll be alone he seemed more worried about me than he was her.

I bid my byes to the boys before entering the garage door leading me into the house. The interior definitely seemed like they travelled tons - light furniture, various decorations from around the country. I can tell by the pictures of Noelle and Donnie that they were pretty close, a mother figure didn't seem to be like she was in the picture.

"Dad?"

I freeze as the voice echoes through the house before it's person appears in sight. Noelle wears a small tank top and gym shorts, she messily ties the top half of her hair up.

"They just started on the car," I mention, she nods her head slowly not phased at me standing in her house.

"That's fine," She reaches for my hand pulling me deeper into the house, "You can help me."

The hall bathroom is surrounded in hair dye kits and other hair products scattered across the counter.

"I can't reach the back of my hair," She explains, she sits down on the wooden stool in front of the counter, "There's gloves behind you."

It didn't seem like much of a question, so i react quickly by taking my hand jewelry off and replacing them with the transparent gloves. I've never dyed a persons hair before, I got highlights as a freshman but those have faded a long time ago and were professionally done. Noelle is the only person I know with more than one color in her hair.

She passes back a plastic container from the counter, I pick up the small black brush to apply a coat of the strong substance. She watches me through the mirror as I began to apply it evenly on her hair.

"Virgin?" She questions, my eyebrows raise is slight shock. "Your hair, it's virgin hair?"

I stammer over my answer a bit to recollect myself before shaking my head, "No, it's too damaged to be virgin."

"Story of my life," She chuckles, "You know if you want, I can do your hair. I have other colors if you don't want blue."

"Oh, no. It's fine," I say, "My parents would physically have a heart attack."