s i x

After "feasting" as Noelle referred to it, and creating random conversations between the group, it was time to call it a night. Luckily it was only a quarter till ten which meant I still had time to make it back home and not receive the warning call from my dad.

The group made way towards the parking lot where the last of goodbyes would be said. As much as a i want to feel comfortable with Jack's friends, I didn't. For the time being I smiled and played the over-friendly girlfriend part but each passing religion joke wiped the subtle smile off my face.

Jack and I walk side by side with my right hand in one of his jacket pocket trying to warm up. We walk behind Romeo, Harley and James while Johnson and Noelle walk behind us talking amongst themselves. Their whispers only made me more anxious

"I'm surprised your dad hasn't check in yet," Jack mentions, "it's not bedtime yet."

I roll my eyes using my elbow to slightly nudge him causing him to smile down at me, "It's weird to say bedtime to your girlfriend."

"Okay, I'll give you that one," He shrugs, laughing a bit, "How was the dinner? You didn't talk much surprisingly."

"Well I didn't exactly know what to say," I look at the boys in front us laughing loudly and hitting each other playfully, "They're nice. I like them."

Jack looks down to me unconvinced before looking back towards the path, "You've been around me too long to not know how to lie properly."

We enter the parking lot specifically where Jack parked and the rest of the group gathered. I try not to let Jack's comment bother me but once again playing the part once the conversation started.

"I bought party favors for afterwards," Johnson mentions, "On behalf of Noelle turning eighteen, I figured why not?"

I raise a confused eyebrow at him, "Party Favors?"

"Drugs, Charlotte," James teases, I try once again to hold back my eye rolling.

"She has to get home," Jack says giving my hand a squeeze causing me to look up to him.

"Oh, come on," Noelle groans throwing her head back, "Just a quick puff, puff, pass?"

I look over at Jack again who was already looking at Noelle as if she was playing some sort of joke but he wasn't finding it amusing. What was with this girl?

"Charlie doesn't smoke," Jack reminds everyone, as if the fine print wasn't already plastered on my forehead enough, now Jack has to openly admit how boring his girlfriend was, "Happy birthday Noelle, but we've got to run."

Noelle scoffs lightly, "Girlfriend needs to learn how to let lose."

She playfully rolls her eyes and pulls Jack in for another tight hug where he let go of my hand. She pulls away and now motion me into a hug as well.

"It was really nice meeting you," She smiles once we're arm length apart again, "And thanks for coming, we should definitely do this more maybe without the boys."

"Okay, stop flirting with my girlfriend."

I bid my byes to Romeo, Harley, and Johnson even. Either way, I was thankful this night was ending and I was now alone with Jack and able to feel comfortable in my own skin. I've been faking a personality for more than hour and now I'm mentally exhausted.

"You could've hung out with them," I say once we exit the parking lot and start the journey to my house, "I don't want to hold you back from seeing your friends."

Jack looks over to me before turning back to the road, "It's fine. It's late anyways, I have to wake up early."

I look over him amused to say the least, "I must've rubbed off on you cause when has ten o'clock ever been late for you?"

"Since I've started dating the preachers daughter."

I let out a dramatic sigh, "When will people stop calling me that?"

"No offense is meant babe, it could be our inside joke," He smiles over to me awaiting my approval.

"It's not our joke if everyone uses it," I point out, "And I don't want to be the center of anyone's joke."

"Fine. Fine," He mutters, "You're not a joke and neither is your reputation."

It sure as hell felt like it.

***

I couldn't think of how to end this part so the ending is kinda trash.

anyways, opinions?