t h i r t y t h r e e

I knew it was over the moment I saw my dad before I saw the state of my home. He wasn't ready for work like usual, in fact he seemed less put together then i've ever seen him. I can feel Jack looking at me but I keep my eyes on my dad, his behavior is unpredictable in times like this.

"He's pissed," Jack comments, I look over to him as if it's not apparent.

Jack rolls his car in the curb and I hesitate to get out but I know it won't stop anything that's going to happen. I open the car door just as Jack opens his and we all look at each other with a series of emotions.

"Have you lost your mind?" My dad questions as we begin to walk up the driveway.

"Dad..."

"No, tell me?" He cuts in, "Have you lost your mind Charlotte? Why do you keep making this worse for yourself?"

"She's never in any danger, you don't have to constantly worry," Jack tries to defend.

"Don't you even speak to me," My dad growls, "Your father and I already had this conversation and it's disrespectful that you still push those ground."

He looks over to my dad his face twisting in confusion, "Why would my dad ever speak to you?"

Oh, fuck.

"Dad, let's just go inside..."

"What are you talking about?" Gilinsky pushes again.

"I tried to be nice and give you the weekends, maybe seeing you less would make me actually like you," My dad continues, "But if you, or charlie cannot respect that then it's best for you to just stop all of this now."

Gilinsky looks over to me for an answer, real and pure confusion covers his face. And even though it's not the perfect time, i have no option but to mention it.

"I may have forgotten to tell Jack..."

Gilinsky scoffs already setting the direction this was going.

"Oh," My dad says, he looks back over to him taking a step up, "Well, Gilinsky. You're father and I discussed you and my daughter spending time apart, just so she can focus more on other things that don't always involve you."

"And my dad agreed to this?"

"He suggest it would be for what's best as well."

Jack looks back over to me and i'm not sure if it's disbelief or anger he's glaring at me with but it's not what i'm used to. The tiredness in his eyes are now gone, if he did look tired than it was of me.

"Hopefully there's no more misunderstandings after this," My dad finishes, "Charlie, let's go inside."

"Jack, i'm so sorry..."

He chuckles, "You are unbelievable Charlie."

I deserve that.

He begins backing away from my dad and I as my dad confidently walks back towards the front door. I don't know who to follow, I didn't want to piss Jack off anymore than I have but I didn't want to leave it like this. Not after last night.

I give in and follow Jack down the driveway, "You act like any of this is easy!"

"How hard is it for you to stand up for us Charlie!?" He calls back over to me.

"I've always defended you!"

"Keeping shit from me isn't defending me. You're not protecting me," He quickly shoots down, "Why am I always the last to know?"

"Because you're the hardest to tell," I say standing at the trunk of his car.

He scoffs clearly not satisfied with that answer, "That's not good enough."

"What do you want me to say?" I ask, "There was no point in telling you because it wasn't going to happen, we always find away to be together."

"So you were just going to keep lying to me?" He spits back, "This isn't the girl i know."

"What do you want from me!?"

He shakes his head not wanting to hear anything else I say, which I also deserved. Without anything else he dips into his car and drives now the street, the exhaust blowing my face as an effect of standing in the middle of the road.

Watching him drive off was just as depressing as knowing I was sitting in the front seat, inhaling his weed just seven hours ago. I leave my crime scene before it gets even worse. I can't stand my own voice so I can't hear myself produce more lies to Jack, or my dad.

I deserved this and I knew it, karma was a bitch.

*unedited*