e l e v e n

As expected I'm dropped off at my house prompt and even a little before curfew. There was no time to spare after the long drive from the Peak and we already spent a long enough time there. Jack, claiming to be the gentleman he is decided to walk me to my front door at least to make up for the tiresome drive.

I wasn't sure it was because for the second time I've known Jack, and for the first time since we've officially started dating we've had another night of amazing sex that made us both a little too happy for us to appear to have "a regular evening out". But he won't stop looking at me in ways that didn't seem like that either.

One of his arms wraps around my shoulder and I interlocked his dangled hand with mine, his other holds my school bag. I use my other free arm to wrap around his waist, it was risky position if my dad were to see but I'm sure he's okay with a little intimacy, we are dating.

"I was wondering if you'd like to hang out with my friends again this weekend?" He ask as we climb the small hill of my driveway.

"I would love to," I smile, I'll just have to get over my stupid and pointless feelings, "Just don't offer me any party favors."

We approach the front door and Jack takes stance against the wall. I dig around in my jacket pocket for my house keys before the light from the house slightly blinds me, my dad appears at the entrance blocking the light.

It was still uncomfortable with my dad and Jack in the same area, even though no hard feelings were involved it never really felt like it. My dad did not trust Jack with multiple things but was open to the thought of me trying to keep Jack grounded.

"Jack," My dad formally greets, he extends his hand urging for Jack to shake his hand.

"Mr Ryder."

"He was just leaving," I interrupt disrupting the intense handshake, Jack looks at me but my dad kept his eyes on Jack, "Thank you for the ride home Jack."

"Of course."

My dad backs away into the house but kept the door open insisting that I follow him in. I know kissing Jack goodbye would be entirely too awkward now, I reach for his hand giving it a tight squeeze and pressing a small kiss to his shoulder.

"Drive safe."

He backs away from the door heading down the driveway throwing his keys up into the air and catching them on a loop. I shut and lock the front door before making my way into the kitchen to at least greet my mom. She's cleaning up tonight's dinner, it reminded me that I haven't had anything to eat since lunch and it was just now hitting ten.

"He's really good with the curfew thing, right honey?" My mom shoots me wink trying to give Jack brownie points, "He's always on the dot."

"He really has no other choice."

Okay, I'll give him that.

"Daddy, he just wants you to like him," I mumble reaching into the fridge for a glass of chocolate milk before bed, "He's trying."

"He's gotta give it time," My dad says crossing his arms over his chest like a child, "It's late and you look worn out, get some rest."

I smile to myself as I exit the kitchen and head to my bedroom playing with the golden "J" on my chest. I was worn out, but it had nothing to do with being tired.

-

It was finally the end of the week, the first week of school was over and it was only going to get worse than this. Jack and I carried on our daily routine of morning drives to school, making time to do things afterwards, and still finding the joy of seeing each other everyday.

School talk and the people around me were becoming bearable. I tried to steer gossiping with each conversation with Marilyn, but every time I seen her she was just bursting with something to say.

Jordan and I carry our trays to our designated tables where Marilyn sits waiting for us. It's really hard to mix a friend like Marilyn with Jordan because of how different they were. But the one thing I knew Jordan loved about Marilyn was her ability to somehow find out everything that was happening, she was the 4-1-1 of all things gossip.

I don't know how she managed to stay out of drama and remain so prestigious.

"So what do you got for us today?" Jordan mocks making Marilyn roll her eyes.

Marilyn ignore her comment to face me, "Are you coming to the honor society's meeting tonight? Its at seven and held in the library. It's the first and most important meeting."

"I wouldn't miss it."

"Now, here's what I got for you," Marilyn shoots Jordan a look, "Apparently Sammy is dating again."

I don't know why I'm surprise at the statement, it made perfect sense that Sammy would eventually move on because it took me literally no time to. But apart of me wanted to know more, who she was, did she go here? did I know her?

"Who?" I ask almost a little to demanding, luckily no one notices.

"Let's see," Marilyn says, "The only other girl besides you he's ever been seen with."

"No way," Jordan groans, I look over to Jordan confused still.

"Who?" I ask again, this time definitely demanding it.

"He's dating Kami Goodwin idiot!"

I didn't care that Sammy was dating, but it bothered me it was with her. I guess I also wasn't one to talk considering who I'm currently dating but it didn't sit well. This must've been what he felt like seeing us in the car on the first day of school. Kami and I loathed each other privately but publicly we tried to remain as fake as possible for the sake of everyone else.

Of course Sammy didn't know about the negative relationship Kami and I have, and according to Sammy himself, him and Kami have history prior to me anyways. It all made sense on paper, but because I knew the inside scoop it made no sense at all.

I scrunch my face up, "Why is he dating Kami? He's way out of her league."

"Maybe because he got played by the preachers daughter," Marilyn shrugs carelessly, "Now he's with a slut because he doesn't have to try to get her stay."

"Marilyn!" I exclaim before calming myself, "Can we all agree to stop talking about it? I'm so over listening to it! I was there! I know what I did!"

And because of what I did, Sammy was now dating Kami Goodwin.

Great.