s i x t e e n

When monday approaches I feel myself growing worried of driving to school with Jack. I don't want him to dawn on anything from this past weekend, I can go without the reminder. Currently my mind overflowed with unbarring thoughts ; sammy and kami, noelle, jack, my drink with James, the conversation with Johnson - is there a way to shut my thoughts off?

Luckily Jack's car horn blaring three times snaps me from any further overthinking. I rush out of the house and towards his car, I place my things in the back before settling up front, Jack's eyes my entire routine. Sunday was the first day we went without talking in a really long time, now i wish something would be said to rid the uncomfortable silence.

"I have a honors society meeting after school," I say first, fastening my seatbelt across my chest, "Jordan's picking me up, we're going to hang out after school. So you have the rest of the day to yourself."

"I like spending that time with you though," He replies.

"Sorry," I mumble, "I'm sure your new friends will keep you company."

It's a deadend to the conversation which wasn't intended. Perhaps he was still skeptical of me from this past weekend, or maybe he's upset that I can't spend today with him. I'm bust after school, I have other friends to attend to - Jack simply has to understand that.

The ride to school becomes unbarring quiet, it's too late and far too awkward to fill the silence with music so we drive listening to Jacks barely surviving car.

"Maybe sometime this week we should take your car to the shop?" I suggest, "It sounds like it either wants to kill us or itself."

He doesn't laugh. Great, another dead end.

"Noelle's dad is actually looking at it this Wednesday," He mentions, "Free of charge, so why not?"

Of course Noelle's dad would, Noelle would probably do anything you.

As he enters the parking lot of my school I collect my belongings before the car even halts. Saturday he said he didn't want me to leave in assumption of how he thought I felt, but right now it's pretty easy for me to get out of the car.

I reach for the handle, "We should get lunch since we won't be seeing each other later. I'll pick you up, yeah?"

I nod my head, "I'll call when i'm free."

I shuffle over the divider in the middle of the car and plant a small quick kiss to his lips before exiting the car. He revs off with no problem and his loud music is heard before he even leaves the parking lot.

It's official. I have probably pissed Jack off for the first time because i chose to neglect my feelings and spare everyone else's. That is as selfless as I am getting all my life, it's not getting me nowhere.

I reach the top of the steps catching Jordan and Johnson speaking near the outdoor seating area. She laughs loudly slapping him arm, universal sign of kids me, but at least shes enjoying herself.

Hey," I greet approaching the two, " Hi Johnson."

"I was just telling Jordan about last weekend," He says, "We're definitely inviting her next time."

Wow, he's talking about us as an unit now? Weird considering how left out I always felt around him and his friend. I wasn't even around long enough Saturday to know what could've possibly happened.

"Yeah, next time," I mumble, I turn to Jordan, "Jordan, I got a falafel."

Johnson shoots me a confused look at the weird and unexpected saying, but it's the fastest and easier way to get her alone to talk. It wasn't even 7:30 and I already wanted to talk Jordan's ears off with the strings of events happening. Jordan has gotten a slight detail of Noelle and Jack's friends but not enough.

She wasn't going to find it in Johnson either.

Jordan clears her throat, "I will see you later Johnson, I love falafels."

Johnson doesn't question it and instead bidding his byes to the both of us.

"Why would you falafel in the middle of my flirting!?" Jordan exclaims turning to face me, "You're ditching me for gilinsky, the least you can do is let me date his friend."

"I'm not ditching you!"

She rolls her eyes, "Why did you falafel, Charlie?"

"I need you to make my feelings make sense for me."

Jordan sighs giving in and taking an empty seat next to me, she places a hand on my shoulder, "Do i have to fight Gilinsky? James will do it for a high price..."

"Jordan, No," I groan, "Maybe his friends."

"They're that bad?"

"I'm trying Jordan, i'm trying to be so nonchalant with them for the sake of Jack and not be the type of girlfriend that holds him back but they tease me relentlessly. I mean we're all young adults, why do they act like such children? And then freaking Noelle..."

Jordan groans at the name, " I figured she'd pop up again."

"She calls me the girlfriend, which technically I am but the way she says it," I scrunch my face at the reminder, "It's like she's using it against me, as if being his girlfriend offends her."

"Maybe she's an ex," Jordan shrugs, "Or worse, she wanted more and he didn't so now they're stuck in this weird rut they can't get out of."

I shoot Jordan a bewildered look, that is not what I want to hear. Ever. She's the second person to mention a more than romantically past with Noelle.

I hated to say it but I was officially jealous of Noelle fucking Taylors.

***

pls why did wattpad change it's layout!? I hate.

anyways, opinions?