e i g h t e e n

I catch up to Jordan before the bell rings dismissing lunch. She's aware of my lunch date with Jack but not so much with what happened. The drive back to school is just as atrocious as the ride to the coffee shop - and i still didn't even get to eat lunch. I know that I enjoyed whatever got into Jack but I know he was only using it against me.

"It you don't want to talk about Charlotte, let me sexually frustrate you till you say something."

He's insane.

I shuffle over to our designated lunch table, "Hey Marilyn. Jordan, falafel."

She shoots me an annoyed look with a mouthful of grapes before dismissing herself from Marilyn and the table. She grabs her bag as we make our way to the outdoor seating area, it's too windy to enjoy eating out here so luckily it's practically empty.

"You're using up your weekly falafels," She mumbles, "This better be good."

"Okay, i'm going to spare you the details but," I begin to explain, "jack just went down on me in a freaking coffee shop."

"Please don't spare any details," She jokes, "Wow, I can definitely see why you chose him."

I let out an annoyed groan, "I told him how I felt around his friends. I didn't single out Noelle, so it's not really solved."

"Wait, him going down on you was supposed to solve this?" She questions, she sits on top of the cement table.

"I don't know!" I exclaim, "I think he's saying, there's more where the comes from if you just tell me the truth."

Jordan lowly whistles, "Then maybe you should tell him the truth."

"There's isn't a truth, Jordan," I say, "I have nothing to say that doesn't sound crazy. I'm just losing my fucking mind thinking of possibilities."

I sigh, this must've been what Sammy felt and if so I hate that I put him through this. Trying to piece together a puzzle that i'm not even sure exist.

"There's a past and I don't know what it is, but it's there," I continue, "And maybe that's why she doesn't like me."

Jordan scoffs, "Screw her! She can't hate you for something Gilinsky did or didn't do. If you want my advice then ask Noelle herself, if she really hated you she'd tell you."

And as much as I despised it, I had to hang out with Jacks friends one more time, great.

-

Jordan thankfully distracts from any stress and overthinking for the rest of the day. It's a Monday, still early in the week to pamper ourselves so I decide to spent what little money I have to make myself feel good on the outside. On the inside, I was still sorting whatever mess I was.

I get home three hours earlier then expected and usually I'd waste this time around Jack, but I couldn't think about him at the moment without thinking of his surprising actions back at the coffee shop. Thinking about it only led to another arousal uprising that I definitely did not need.

I notice my dad's car home which worries me at first, he usually isn't home for another couple hours but I figured he's just been let out of work earlier then expected.

I push open the door adjusting to the slightly warm house before making way into the house. I hear the laughter of two people before I am able to physical see them, my dad and the young blonde sip on wine in the kitchen laughing amongst themselves.

"Dad," I call out catching his attention.

His face drains for a slight moment but he quickly collects himself, "Charlotte, where's Jack?"

"He's busy," I eye the women suspiciously, "Jordan dropped me off."

I eye the lady in the few moments of silence. She couldn't have been more than seven or eight years older than me. She was also trendy, clearly fake blonde hair, and she dazzled in expensive jewelry.

My dad clears his throat, "Charlotte this is the Naomi, freshly hired receptionist."

She extends her nicely manicured hand with a bright smile, I politely but cautiously shake the strangers hand. What was the new receptionist doing in our house drinking wine privately with my dad?

"Pleasure to meet you," She smiles.

"Likewise," I falsely smile before glancing over to my dad, "Do you know when moms going to be home?"

"Later," He quickly answers, "She's at the chapel."

The silence in the air is the most uncomfortable i've ever felt in my life. I want to believe that I'm not interrupting the middle of commandment breaking, but it was just wine. My dad has wine with several of his friends from work, usually with my mom accompanying him but it was still just wine.

"I needed to grab some files but we're headed out now," He quickly explains to make up for the awkward silences. He steps away from the counter grabbing his belongings, Naomi prepares herself to leave as well, "I'll be home before dinner."

He quickly kissed my cheek before disappearing from the house along with the lady.

Like I said, I wanted to believe that my eyes and mind were deceiving me, but he didn't leave the house with any of the files he mentioned.

Great.

***

something about american horror story : murder house is just so amazing, by far one of my favorite seasons - aside from asylum, I've probably watched it a hundred times by now. do you guys watch ahs?

it's currently 4:20 in the morning. hehe.

anyways, opinions?