t w e n t y

After spending the day with Jack, Noelle, and her dad I sort of dread returning back home. My dad and I haven't spoken since the new receptionist was in our house and I didn't bring it up to my mom either. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say or if anything needed to be said - I didn't want to be the one to clear the air. But now it made me nervous to bike around my parents, as if that wasn't a problem before.

We ride back to my house with the new improvements Donnie made to the car, it still sounded like the brink of death but at least it was running. I'm starting to believe he only kept it around because it was an old Camaro and he couldn't give it up yet.

We walk in hand hand to the front door discussing the condition of his car. He mentions a few more parts to order and it'll be in the shop by the end of the month. Till then he'd suggest I take my own car for the rest of the week in fear of his dying mid drive.

I push my key into the door, "Do you want to use the bathroom before you head home?"

He nods his head as I push the door open and enter the house. I spell the mixed smells of cook pasta and well made spaghetti sauce, my mom must've prepared spaghetti.

"Charlie?" Her voice calls out, she appears at the dining room setting down plates, "Oh, Jack. Hi!"

My dad quickly exits the kitchen at the sound of Jack's name. It's the first time he has ever been in my house, i'm pretty sure he knew the outside of my house like the back of his hand. the inside is definitely foreign territory.

"Good Evening Mr and Mrs Ryder," He greets. He definitely is a gentlemen when he needs to be.

"He just need to use the restroom," I quickly explain, I lead both of us further into the house, my dad seems relieved at his quick company.

"He should stay for dinner," My mom suggest, "I can set another plate, it's about time we sit and talk anyways."

"Mom, he cant..."

"It's fine, but thank you," Jack adds on sensing my uncomfortableness.

She flicks her hands shushing us while walking over to my dad, "It's our pleasure. Think of it as a thank you for driving Charlotte to school."

My mom gives my dads shoulder a light squeeze and he forces a very unrealistic smile.

"Go get cleaned up and meet us back down here."

I force a tight smile while taking Jack's hand in mine pulling us further into the house. I enter my bedroom quickly pulling us both in and locking the door. Jack glances around for the first time at the unfamiliar room.

"I feel like i'm in Narnia," He jokes, he shuffles over to my desk area.

I strip from my jacket, "Bathroom is through there."

He quickly heads into the other room as I take the opportunity to clean a few things and make my room appear more presentable.

Sammy was the only boy i've had in my room, even after the entire chastity ring fiasco he basically forbid closed doors. But Sammy is different than Jack, Jack didn't mind closed door. In fact this is probably the perfect timing for a risky hookup.

I think of how he called me fun and risky back at the coffee shop but that was as risky as I would ever get. I don't know what my parents thinks when we're together but they trusted the both of us to know we weren't having sex, at least not all the way.

oh would they be surprised.

I pull myself from my thoughts and pull my hair away from my face as Jack leaves the bathroom. He attempts to clean his appearance up, thankfully the water does him a favor.