I sit up slowly, allowing my eyes to adjust to the darkness. My eyes widen as my other senses catch up and I can hear the pained, laboured breathing from the ground.

I quickly stand up and move to round the bed. I pause slightly as I see the figure move off of the floor, looking to be getting up.

My brow raises in concern as I notice that it is in fact my Thomas and his legs are heavily shaking. I watch closely, concerned as he raises his hand to his chest and digs his fingers aggressively into the flesh of his chest. Clawing at his body in what looks to be an attempt to stop some sort of pain.

I quickly move forwards, reaching out to grab him.

Just as I'm about to touch his shoulder his legs give way and I shout alarmed as his head strikes loudly against the bedside table.

I see the polling blood and rush across the room to grab a towel.

Moving as quickly as I can, I race back to where he's lying on the floor and drop to the ground.

I cradle his head in my hands and put the towel on the wound to take away some of the rapidly escaping blood, as he looks up at me with pain filled drooping eyes.

My breathing stops as his eyes close and I quickly grab a pillow from the bed to place his head down on softly. I turn him on his back and place my ear to his chest, listening to the irregular faint heartbeat that stutters on every intake of breath.

Pulling back I look around the room desperately trying to figure out what to do.

When I come up with nothing, I remember a text I once read about couples healing serious injuries on one another.

Taking a deep breath, I recite the words in my mind as I move into action.
'1. Move into appropriate position so that bare chests may touch,' I lean forwards to meet our chests together. '2. Reach into magical core and search for the thick opalescent strand which may sometimes be found leading to your chest.' I concentrated on my mind scale, the little occlumency that I was able to achieve and search until I see it, extending down into my left pectoral. '3. Push the strand out towards your partner and allow it to wrap in a tight coil around their magical core. Note: this should only be done between two individuals magic that recognises one another and has had previous contact.' I allowed my magic to lock into Thomas' magical core and began to push my own power through the connection, encouraging it to mend the large wound on his head.

'4. Push your magic through the bond to encourage healing. Note: You must withdraw your magic immediately after the injury starts to heal lest your magics be permanently bound.'

I continued to push my magic into healing his head as I thought about what had just happened.

'Something else must have caused this! What would have caused him so much pain?!'

I spread my magic further, weaving it through Thomas' core to find the problem.

I paused. What? I didn't understand what I was looking at.

Thomas' core was increasing rapidly. Following the connection in his magic further, I traced it to 6 brightly glowing orbs, floating around randomly in his, usually, perfectly organised head.