"What happens on a dawn eclipse?" Harry was curious as he didn't realise there were specific different types of eclipse.

"On the dawn eclipse, mates who consummate their bond are locked together for eternity with the blessing of Maiden Moon and Warriors Past. The bond becomes unbreakable and unchallengeable. You're together for life."

Harry gazed up at Fenrir in thought, his brow scrunching in confusion.

"How often does it happen?" He was curious about how many pairs actually got the choice.

"Once every five hundred years. Those mated under the dawn eclipse have been known to live to see 2 to 3 in their extended lives under the Maiden Moon, or as most know her, Mother Moon's, blessing."

"Do you not want that? Me? Eternity?" Harry was timid as he asked his question.

"What? Why would you think that? Of course i do!" Fenrir was shocked and confused at Harry's question.

Harry looked away slightly, "You haven't asked me to bond... if it's not tonight then it's not under Maiden Moon." Harry had tears in his eyes at the thought of not being wanted.

Fenrir quickly sat up and got Harry's attention, "Hey, hey, hey, look at me." When Harry looked up at him he continued, hands on either side of Harry's face, "I. Want. You. Don't ever doubt that. I was just going to wait until this afternoon to ask you. I had it all planned out. Take you to dinner, sweet talk you, walk on the beach, proposal, if yes come back to prepare, if no I'd have to deal with it, go to the lake at the moons highest, consummate bond and ritual. It was all planned out I guess it just got pushed forwards a bit." Fenrir finished and looked into Harry's eyes waiting for his response.

"I get you just told me your plan. But could you propose anyway, I like the thought you put into it." Harry's smile gradually got bigger.

Fenrir smiled in momentary relief, "Hadrian James Potter-Snape you are the most amazing thing to ever happen to me, I love you so much, would you do me the honour of bonding with me under mother moon and become mine as I am yours forever?" He looked into Harry's eyes, now overflowing with tears of joy and smiled slightly.

"Yes." He choked out through his tears and flung his arms around Fenrir's neck, pulling him into a slow loving kiss.

The two spent a few more hours, hugging and playing in the grass, messing around and relaxing in the sun before they finally moved to get ready to bond.

Harry was happy that they could do the ritual bond to officiate the joining rather than just the consummation that bitten werewolves did. Fenrir had been born a werewolf so he had a certain level of control over his transformations. He could choose not to change on the full moon and he could change into his full beautiful wolf on days other than the full moon as well. The night they'd met had actually be one of the only times that Fenrir had lost control.

Harry and Fenrir made their way, hand in hand, down to the lake at the back of the property to set up the ritual circle.

They drew out a large circle with runes surrounding them in rings. Runes for love, lust, loyalty, eternity, power, strength and luck went around the circle.

They put down the last runic arrays as the sun set and the moon began to rise. Both wore pure white as was tradition, a symbol of pure intentions, and were bare foot, closer connecting them to the earth.

They stood in the centre of the large runic circle, clasping their wrists together with a magically binding rope of gold and platinum threads.

They both took a deep breath as they watched and waited for the signal to start chanting.