"N..nothing" I shake my head.

"I'm always here, no matter what happens"

Shouldn't be.

"Thanks, I've gotta go" my voice shaky and I hang up, not waiting for a response.

I'm not ready to talk about how i fucked up again. I sit for a few seconds gathering my emotions to make sure I don't breakdown, Brin doesn't need it and I don't want her to feel sorry for her decision.

I get why she's doing it.

I stand up and pat down my jeans before heading inside, when I step through the archway to the living room everyone looks my way, except Brin.

"Daddy!" Elle runs up.

"Hi baba" I lift her into my arms holding her tight. "How's my favorite little girl?" I stick with the joyful energy for Elle.

"Good!" She sticks up her thumb with a cheesy smile.

I kiss her on the forehead with a chuckle and glance towards Brin, she's staring at me with wrenched eyes.

"Right, I'm off" Andie speaks after a moment of silence.

"Okay, You going back to college?" Brin asks as she walks her to the door.

"Hey, you packed for tomorrow?" Brax asks.

"Didn't unpack" I nervously cackle and keep my attention on Elle.

"Mhm" he nods "You coming to the hotel or?"

"No, I'm going to stay here. I want to spend time with Elle" I admit. I'm sure it'll be the last time for a long time, no matter what though I'll be back for her.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow" he pats my shoulder once again "love you, bro"

I look down away from Elle not meeting Brax's eyes "Love you too, man"

Once I hear the door close I look behind me seeing Brin leaning against the archway pursing a smile "I'm going for a shower, I'll put Elle down after"

"No it's ugh..fine, I'll put her down tonight, you get some rest" I force myself to say. I can feel the awkwardness in the air.

"Okay" she nods and turns heading upstairs.

I sigh turning to Elle wiggling out of my hold, I put her down and sit on the couch watching her rush to the dvd cabinet "Coco!" She pulls it out running over to me.

"Again?" I laugh taking it from her and she nods excited.

"Mulkkk"

"Okay, here" I sit her down on the couch, i put the disk in and give her, her favorite blanket and she searches for the tag while I get her milk.

I give her the milk and she crawls onto my lap snuggling into me, I press play and we watch Coco together. I hate this will be the last time, I have no idea when I can do this again. I'm just glad I've taken loads of pictures of her.

I waken up to Elle squashing my cheek together and laughing, I chuckle and opens my eyes seeing her sitting on my chest showing her beautiful cheeky smile.

"Daddy!" She wraps her arms around my neck as I sit up.

"I made coffee" Brin says, I turn to see her standing at the archway again. I hate that I can't go up and kiss her, I'll never get to do that again.

"Thanks" I force a smile, Elle crawls off me and begins playing with her toys on the floor.

I head to the kitchen to retrieve my cup of coffee.

"Hunter, listen.." I didn't even know she followed me into the kitchen but I cut her off.

"It's fine Brinley, I get it" I say not looking her way. I sip on my coffee and walk back to the living room not looking Brin's way because I just can't anymore.

^Play the song now!^

I spend the entire morning playing with Elle, taking photos and being goofballs. When Brax walked through the door I knew it was time. I've stalled it for as long as possible but I can't anymore.

"You ready?" Brax says.

"Yeah" I nod and drop my bags at the door.

"Brinley.." i gain her attention "Thanks for everything and ugh thanks for giving me the most amazing daughter, I'll be back to be her father I promise. Anyway here" I hand her my car keys.

"What's this?" She looks down at her hand.

"My car, take care yeah?"

"No it's fine" she tries handing me the keys back.

"No, I won't need it so you have it..you deserve it anyway" I half smile and turn my attention to Elle standing beside Brin's leg, I bend down eye level with her.

"Daddy is going away for awhile" I restrain my emotions, I don't want her seeing me upset.

"Daddy go?" Her bottom lip sticks out, she makes puppy eyes as they become glossy.

"Yeah for a little while, I'll be back..I promise. I would never leave you"

"Daddy be back?" Her lips trembles.

"Yes, daddy will be back" I pull her into my embrace feeling my walls of emotion come crashing down.

"Daddy stay!" She begins crying softly wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Daddy has to go for a little while, but he'll be back" Brin bends down.

"No!!" she cries, I feel my vision become blurry as I glance at Brin, a wet streak falls down my cheek. I knew I couldn't stop it.

I stand up still holding Elle in my arms and I stroke the back of her head giving her a kiss on the head.

"Hunter.." Brax touches my shoulder.

"Yeah, give me a minute" I croak out.

I look at Brin, her eyes are glossed over too. "Can you uhm.." I clear my throat "Put pictures up of me so she doesn't forget who I am" I ask.

She nods looking down at the ground "Daddy has to go now, I love you so much!" I squeeze her small body before placing her down.

"Daddy!" She cries wrapping her arms and legs around my leg.

"It's okay, I'll be back" my voice shaky.

I've never been more broken in my entire life, this is it for me. This is my breaking point, if I don't make it back to her I won't be able to cope.

"Brinley.." I wipe my eyes hoping she'll help me out.

"Come on, daddy has to go" she rips Elle from my leg and she screams murder trying to push Brin away.

I pick up my bag and leave immediately, I can't stay there any longer.

Once I feel like fresh air hit my face I break down into a bundle of emotions shoving my face into my hands. This was by far harder than last time. I can still hear Elle screaming from outside.

"It's okay" I hear Braxton's voice and I shrug him off walking to his car.

_______________________

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕