Hera

He was early! Dammit! I was dressed but I was trying in vain to manage my hair.
I made my way to the door checking the peephole as a precaution and opened it up to Kane's imposing body.

"Hello Hera." He said with a crooked smile.

His sexy smile stunned me momentarily but the gears started moving again quickly. It was a small blessing.

"Uhm...oh....Kane you're early! I'm not quite ready but please come in. The couch is up ahead on your left be careful for the coffee table. Sorry my place isn't as great as yours but it's home, so please make yourself comfortable."

I loved my home but with him in it, it seemed shabbier.

"Hera, these are for you" Kane handed me an array of jasmines and roses. They smelled divine.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do that,  Kane." I pulled a small vase, well the only vase I had out of the cabinet by the sink and arranged the flowers quickly placing them on the side table by the couch.

"Kane I'm almost ready if you don't mind waiting. I swear I'll be quick.

I scurried back to my bedroom with its  adjoining bathroom. Looking in the mirror I decided a French braid would have to do. I smoothed product in my curls hoping to tame them slightly with little success and then quickly braided my hair. The shorter hairs curled around my face highlighting its heart shape. I placed a few gold hair cuffs to accent my braided hair and reviewed myself in the mirror.

My hair was only slightly tamed and braided back with the tail sitting over my shoulder. I wasn't an expert on makeup nor could I afford to be and chose only to wear some mascara to elongate my lashes and a deep burgundy red matte lipstick to my full lips. The dark color worked with my brown skin but I rarely wore it due to its boldness. Penny had convinced me to buy it during a girls window shopping date and I was feeling braver after today's events.

I had chosen an above the knee black short sleeve skater dress, it was cheap jersey fabric but it was one of the few dresses I owned so I hoped it wasn't too casual. I figured black was my best bet, my cheap version of the obligatory little black dress. Then I paired it with some black chunky heels. They weren't designer or fancy just a lucky thrift store find. Thank goodness I had the fore thought to paint my toenails.

Grabbing my black bolero sweater in case there was a chill, I resigned to the fact that i couldn't do much better than this And headed back to the living room.

Opening the door to the front room, Kane seemed so out of place with his large body on my couch. I admired his handsomeness from the door. His hair had this sexy tousled look like he ran his hands through it and was done. He had chosen dark blue jeans and a thin grey sweater that was tight to his big frame.. The ache low in my belly returned to me and I realized I was holding my breath. Before I could speak Kane looked up at the sound of my breathing.

"I hear you beautiful are you ready for our date?"

Good god his voice was dripping with sex. Would I give it up on a first date? Could I? I shook my head. First I had to tell him.

"I'm ready Kane. I hope I'm dressed ok for dinner" I probably sounded stupid to him but my nerves were getting to me. I walked towards Kane at my couch. He was standing now waiting for me to approach.

His arm snaked around my waist holding my gently. "I know you look perfect, you're a goddess Hera don't doubt that."
Kane leaned down giving me a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"Heels? I like this height." Kane grinned big, his hand was on my chin holding my face up to face his. "I'm going to kiss you Hera." He spoke his intentions before kissing my cheek again then bringing his lips to mine.

I felt his arm tighten slightly and my hands made there way to his strong, hard chest. He deepened it and pulled me closer as he slid his tongue into my mouth gently. I couldn't stop the moan from escaping when I felt his erection hardening between us.

He pulled back without warning and I stood there breathless from his lips.

"Geezus Hera, part goddess but you must be part siren too."