Deeper And Deeper

Start from the beginning

He was smiling widely now, as he simply held my phone out of reach, holding me back with one arm.

"Yes! Tell the story!!" He exclaimed to my mother, not being able to stop himself from cracking up now.

"Well..." my mother began excitedly, about to end my life.

"Keigo, give me the phone!" I demanded, climbing onto his lap so I could try and get the phone out of his hand.

He simply held my waist down with one arm, stretching his other arm out further away from me so I couldn't grab the phone.

"When Ari was about five or six-" my mother began, as I continued wrestling with Keigo on the couch.

"MOM, HANG UP!" I cried out over the sound of Keigo's cackling.

"She had a serious fascination with her own boogers, and sometimes she'd even eat them-" my mom began saying, before I was able to finally rip the phone out of Keigo's hand.

Huh. That was easy. I figured he'd try and keep an iron grip on it, or something-

That's when I realized, that I was leaning forward on him so much, to grab the phone....my boobs were pressed against his face.

Completely mortified, I immediately moved my chest away from his face...cutting off my mom's wonderful story.

"Yeah! Yeah! Thank you, mom. I gotta go!" I exclaimed, before quickly hanging up.

Keigo and I were both breathing a little heavier from all the laughing and wrestling we'd been doing in the past few seconds.

He looked at me in a slight daze, his blonde locks slightly disheveled from everything that just happened.

I decided to just address the elephant in the room, not seeing a need to draw out my embarrassment any further.

"Sorry, for almost suffocating you with my tits. But, you had it coming." I blurted out, shrugging my shoulders lightly.

"It's alright. There are definitely worse ways to go." He immediately countered, confidently looking me right in the eyes.

I rolled my eyes, slapping his shoulder lightly.

"You'd be surprised." I smirked, realizing my joke sounded way dirtier than I meant it to.

Keigo opened his mouth in over dramatic shock at my words, clearly trying to get me flustered.

"Whaaat? Does Ari Parker have a kink?! Boob suffocation!??" He grinned, purposely giving me a hard time.

I was about to reply, before I realized I was still straddling his lap...basically lying on top of him.

I awkwardly cleared my throat, quickly shuffling off him.

"My kinks are none of your business, you dirty bird." I called out over my shoulder, as I walked back to my computer.

"Fair enough." He responded, chuckling freely at our conversation.

It was quiet for a moment in comfortable silence, as I typed away on my laptop. I peered over at Keigo, seeing him mapping out some new city routes to patrol.

"So.......what about you?" I mumbled after awhile, continuing to type away on my computer.

"What about me?" He asked absentmindedly, making notes about different parts of the city.

I mentally cursed myself for attempting to ask the question, yet not wanting to back out now.

"You know.....what are your......kinks?" I forced myself to ask, immediately regretting my words.

Why was I even asking?!

Of course....Keigo, being Keigo....quickly found a witty way to side step the question.

"A gentleman never kisses and tells, chicky." He smirked, not even looking up from his work.

I scoffed slightly at his response, trying to pretend I wasn't curious about his words.

It's been about a week since the high end Nomu attacked the city. My injuries were mostly healed, except for the small bruise and cut that still remained on my cheek. It would definitely scar my face, but it'd be very faint and tiny.

Honestly, the thing that bothered me the most about that day, was Keigo....and admittedly, myself.

As much as I tried to deny it...I only felt myself falling further into his charm. I felt a little silly, after he left my hospital room to go see Endeavor, that night.

I was stupid. Sure, it was just a hug, that I gave him....but in my mind, I felt like I was basically throwing myself at him. My emotions were running high that day. I almost died, and so did he. We both saved each other. It was just a lot for me to take in. For some reason, I felt like I needed to be close to him. I wanted to be.

....and I felt like he wanted the same thing from me. Up to a point...

After a few moments, Keigo had abruptly stopped our hug. He made it clear that he was trying to get out of my embrace, with the way he was pushing me off him, and attempting to leave.

Then, that call with Kiara....I still didn't really know who she was. Keigo and I haven't really talked about relationship stuff. He hasn't once brought her up, either.

I've noticed that him and I don't do well, with getting things like that out in the open. We've had two strange moments with each other now, but we keep moving on like nothing happened.

....and technically, nothing did happen.

So, what the hell am I overthinking? Clearly, he just wanted to be friends-and so did I. Obviously.

I need to remember who he is....Hawks, the number two pro hero.

And I need to remember who I am.....Ari Parker, assistant/intern to the number two hero. Nothing more.

The loud ringing of his phone quickly caused both of us to jump.

I grabbed his phone, which he left on the counter a few feet away from me, scoffing lightly when I saw the caller I.D.

"It's Kiara.......again." I announced, about to toss him his phone.

"Ignore it, please." He chirped out immediately, clearly not giving it a second thought.

I furrowed my brows in confusion, as well as slight annoyance.

If this girl was his girlfriend, he clearly wasn't giving her enough attention. This proves how he'd be as a boyfriend. Doesn't it?

Yeah. I wouldn't want to date someone like that, anyways. Being just friends is definitely for the best.....

"Sorry, Kiara." I mumbled to myself, ignoring her call for the countless time.