house guest

Someone was here.

What if they were bad guys? Bad guys wouldn't knock. Peter walked to the door, his hand around the knob. Maybe it wasn't a smart idea to open, what if they got a gun and they put a bullet between his eyes the second he opened the door?

Peter opened the door.

"Oh," he wasn't expecting to see him standing there. What was he doing here? How did - how did he know about the place?

There was a moment where they just stood there staring at each other, since it seemed the man wasn't expecting to see Peter here either.

"H - hi," Peter recovered himself. "Mister America. I mean, no, America Rogers? Wait, Captain Steve,"

"Steve is fine," Steve said, still standing outside.

"Right, Mister Steve," Peter mentally kicked himself. He knew Captain America, but he got tongue-tied and spoke stupid stuff every time he was nervous. Peter was definitely nervous now that Steve was here. Why was Mister Steve here? Then it hit Peter like a ton of brick, "sir, I - I didn't mean to. I was totally going to give it back. I'm sorry,"

"For what?" Steve seemed genuinely confused.

"For.... stealing your shield at the airport?"

"Oh," Steve blinked. And then after a long moment of silence, "you're Spider-Man?"

"Oh," Peter blinked, then, "no! No, I'm not Spider-Man. What are you talking about?! I'm just a kid!" His voice was way too high, Peter mentally kicked himself for the second time.

"I didn't expect a kid to be here,"

"Well, I'm on... vacations,"

"This is Tony Stark's safe house,"

"So?" Peter gave him an innocent look, and Steve signed.

"Is he here? I need to speak with him, that's why I'm here," Captain had that look of 'are you gonna let me in or am I going to have to make my way inside' look on his face. They'd been standing there talking for a while now, and Steve was sure he was going to run out of blood, as he stood outside, from all these mosquitoes having a feast on his body.

"Who's here?"

"Tony. Tony Stark!" God, how could Tony tolerate the kid?

"Mister Stark?" Peter trailed off. He didn't know if it was a good idea to let Mister Steve in, for Peter didn't know if Tony stopped being mad at Captain America yet, or if Captain America was here for another Civil War in the woods. "I've never heard of that name in my life,"

~~~

"Pete, did you get the water?" Tony called from the lounge after it's been longer than it should. For real though, how hard could getting a glass of water from the kitchen be? That kid better not be getting high too, or else Tony would go crazy. Who knew if there was more of those cupcakes and Peter somehow stumbled upon one.

"Peter, whe-" Tony stopped mid-sentence when, instead of Peter Parker, there was a Steve Rogers barging inside the room, and where the hell was - oh, there he was; Peter Parker following after Steve, trying to keep up with him and drag him out where he came.

"Sir, you can't go in there. Sir!" Peter was saying. (With the height different here, he looked like a puppy compared to Steve) But Steve was already here making eye contact with Stark, then his eyes shifted to Thor, then to a very intoxicated Loki who wouldn't stop giggling.

"Mister Stark, I swear I tried to stop him but he's so fast and strong and slippery," did I just say slippery? Peter thought, the moment Steve hissed at Tony, "what the hell is going on here?"