bad idea

A little author's note that I'm thinking about adding more than one canon Marvel characters to this fic! You can take your guess here. I would love to see who you think/believe should be featured ;)

p.s. but don't worry, the fic will still centre around Loki and Peter!

///

Peter thought it would be very fun to sneak Mister Loki out of the safe house for a little adventure in the woods. Despite Mister Stark and May's strong advice against leaving the place, Peter believed it would do no harm to just... wander around.

What could possibly go wrong?

~~~

The clock on the wall hit nine. Three hours left until midnight. Although it was pitch dark here, with no city light and such. Just tree branches and clouds hiding the moon away. Loki was asleep, dreaming about something he didn't remember, in which was probably a blessing, when instinct woke him up in the dead of night.

Loki held very still. Someone was in the room with him, he could hear them breathing behind him, feel their shadow landing on his body. He shouldn't be using his magic, but what if it was for self-defence? But May said.

He opted for screaming. Scream did not require the use of magic. Before he could make any sound, a hand was pressed firmly against his mouth, and Loki muffled, thrashed around as much as he could, trying to fight before the familiar voice calmed him down.

"It's me. It's me," Peter whispered in his ear.

Of course, Loki should've seen it coming. After all Peter Benjamin Parker never learned the meaning of one's personal space. "If I let go, will you promise not to scream and wake Mister Stark and May up?"

Loki nodded. He was pissed, whatever Peter was doing, Loki felt his personal space being invaded to the maximum and he would really love to get the kid's hand, that smelt like some snack he ate earlier, out of his face as soon as possible. Peter retracted the hand, and was immediately met with Loki's murderous gaze. He hissed, "what are you -"

"We're going out," Peter cut him off.

"Out? Out where? It's dark,"

"Exactly!" Even in the absence of light, Loki could see Peter's eyes sparkling up like a five-year-old about to be taken to their favourite candy shop. Pete didn't give him time to think of any response when he shoved a phone in Loki's face. The sudden light from the screen blinded Loki for a moment, and he had the urge to stab the kid. "Look!" Peter encouraged which left Loki no choice but to prop up on his elbow and grab the device and look.

There was a blog from the site Loki was now a professional at; Tumblr. It didn't take him long to notice the blog was a horror blog for horror stuff enthusiasts. He saw a photo of an old, creepy shed. Below was a text. Loki read them, even if his brain told him to shove the phone back in Peter's face and get back to sleep, there were stories, apparently, of a serial killer whose identity remained unknown. Every full moon night, the killer was said to bring their victims, mostly young girls, to the shed shown in the picture above to mutilate and give them the slowest, most painful death. Some were skinned alive before pure acid was poured directly onto the red, red flesh, forcing howl of agony out of melting throats until all that left were bones and a pool of blood on the floor. As long as justice hadn't been served, their ghosts were trapped there, unable to move on and crossover. Those who traveled into the woods for hunting and winded up in the shed as a shelter-for-the-night came back not the same; all trembling and speaking in tongues. The only thing that was in English being about angry spirits haunting them and screaming at them in their sleep, threatening to take their souls with them. Some died weeks later, some spent the rest of their lives in asylums. No one knew who the killer was. And so the victims' ghosts stayed unrested.