made a fire, went down in the flames

The first thing Peter did after the school bell rang was going straight back home. He didn't like leaving mister Loki alone in his room for fear that mister Loki would wake up during the time he was gone. Or Aunt May would come into his room and find just who he'd been hiding under the blanket.

"Hey, May I'm home!" He called just so his aunt knew he was alive and he was home (she became overly protective after Peter died on Titan, couldn't really blame her) then he was running towards his room without so much as giving his aunt a kiss. Peter was kind of in a hurry.

"I'm making stew." Aunt May called from the kitchen.

"Ughhh I'm not really hungry." Peter managed to stop, trying to find some excuse and hoping he did sound sincere. He couldn't - wouldn't want to linger outside his room; paranoia crept up his spine that mister Loki would wake up, crawl out the door and boom! Aunt May found out and Peter was dead. "I also got lotta homework due tomorrow so...."

"Alright alright I get it," Aunt May said, making a shoo motion with her hand, "Just if you're hungry it's here, okay? I'll leave you some."

"Thanks. You're the best." Then Peter disappeared into his room in a heartbeat. He felt bad about this, at least a little because he didn't like lying to her, but well, it was necessary.

"Mister Loki?" Peter slowly closed the door, eyes landed on his bed and thank God; mister Loki was still here, laying in the exact same position Pete left him this morning. "Mister Loki, are you awake?" He tried again in a voice just above a whisper; there was no answer. And for a terrifying moment he half thought he couldn't see him breathe, but then Peter exhaled in relief once he saw his chest raised slightly.

He slowly approached, hovering over the bed to see the sleeping face of the man he'd rescued. Mister Loki looked... peaceful. It didn't seemed he was uncomfortable or in any kind of pain. Good, Peter let the thought run through his head. This was good.

Turned out the God of Mischief decided it wasn't the time he swam out of his slumber just yet. And Peter slowly went from feeling nervous and anxious to bored and sleepy. Taking care of the infamous Loki might not be as thrilling as he first thought because here he had absolutely nothing to do except for sitting there, waiting for the patient to open his eyes.

So Peter thought, might as well he'd kill the time by googling stuff. He ended up googling stuff about Norse mythology which the topic, of course, narrowed down to Loki. Apparently the ability of healing himself was one of his powers.

'He should be healing himself. I think he's healing himself.' Peter texted Ned.

'Cool!' Ned texted back a minute later, 'Tell me if he wakes.'

'Will do.' Was Peter's response then he tossed his phone to the side and closed his eyes. It was a long day after all and he was tired and mister Loki wouldn't wake up. So he figured he could use some sleep. Maybe not sleep. Just a little nap...

~~~

"Where am I?" There was a voice, hoarse and... weak? At first Peter thought he was dreaming, but the voice continued and it got louder, clearer. Together it was dragging Peter out of his unconsciousness, "Where am I?!"

Pete groaned between the haze of sleep and waking, then he heard another groan that wasn't his, and felt a hand grabbing his shoulder, "Answer me!"

Suddenly it hit. Peter's eyes snapped open and he almost jumped ten feet off the armchair.

"I will not ask you again. Where am I. What.... have you done to me?" Loki looked at him so intensely. Eyes filled with anger, confusion and a hint of fear he tried to hide.