I forced my eyes open, seeing someone coming towards Hawks, Endeavor, and I. It was too smoky and foggy to see who it was, but they were definitely taking their sweet time.

"Hold on just a second, folks. The show's not over, yet." The person said clearly, stepping out of the fog.

My eyes widened when I saw who it was, forcing myself to become alert.

"Dabi. I remember him from Kamino." I groaned out, grabbing Hawks' attention slightly.

"Hm?-Wait....so you two have fought each other?" Hawks asked weakly.

"No. I simply immobilized him for a few seconds so Katsuki Bakugou could escape with his friends. I doubt he even remembers me." I explained, keeping my gaze on Dabi.

Endeavor began shuffling in the corner, trying to force himself up.

"N-No. Stop, you've done enough. I'll.......I'll take care of him." Hawks quickly said to Endeavor. While his tone was relatively calm, the look on his face displayed a very subtle sense of unease at the sight of Dabi.

"Oh, come on now, I don't want any harm. I just want my high end Nomu back...." Dabi started saying, trailing off when he laid eyes on me.

His gaze immediately darkened at the sight of me.

"What? You..." he stated lowly, continuing to glare at me.

I felt Hawks immediately tighten his hold on me, waiting to see what Dabi would do.

This was a horrible situation for all of us. Endeavor and I were too injured to fight, and Hawks had no more wing power left. Overall, we were all exhausted and hurt.

"You're the one who let the blonde brat get away in Kamino. How's he doing, by the way? I'm sure that villainous temper of his is under control, right?" Dabi taunted me, as his hand started to smoke.

"I wouldn't know." I called out to him, before a giant circle of blue fire suddenly surrounded all of us.

"You know....Shigaraki gave me a lot of shit for losing that kid. Not that I really give a flying fuck about that.....but, I guess I'm just mad that you got in my way. Wasn't sure I'd see you again. But I'm sure glad I did. Especially, in this weakened state." Dabi smirked, slowly making his way towards me.

Even though Dabi was clearly coming over to Hawks and I, about to kill us.....Hawks remained motionless, simply holding me in his arms as he watched.

It's almost like he was frozen in place....like he was unsure about what he should do.

After a second, I decided I was the one who needed to make a move, quickly out stretching my hand towards Dabi.

Faster than lightning, Hawks yanked my hand down to the ground, quickly snapping himself back to reality.

"No. Not you, Ari. I'll do it. I'm gonna lay you on the ground, okay? I need to fight him-" Hawks started saying, before a booming sound was heard outside of the ring of blue fire we were currently stuck in.

Everyone whipped their head up to see the pro hero, Mirko, flip into view. She quickly landed on the ground in front of us, more than ready to take Dabi out.

I saw Dabi starting to outstretch his arm towards her. If he shot his fire out, he'd either incinerate Mirko, or Hawks and I, since we were right behind her.

I quickly brought my hand up again, activating my quirk at Dabi.

Hawks inhaled sharply, as he watched Dabi immediately become frozen in place, quickly looking at me.

"Stop drawing more attention to yourself. Don't make him mad." He blurted out to me, before quickly grabbing my hand again to stop me.

I furrowed my brows in confusion at his words, keeping Dabi frozen in place as Mirko was now able to charge at him.

"Why the hell not? He would have killed her. Or us." I pointed out, watching Dabi mutter profanities, as he realized he couldn't move.

"Fucking hell. Again? seriously? Ujiko, get me the hell out of here." Dabi groaned, turning his eyes to me.

"Every time I see you, you end up being a real pain in my ass. So, congratulations...you've caught my interest. I'll see you again, Ari Parker. You too, Enji Todoroki." He seethed lowly, before a cloud of black emerged from his mouth.

Mirko yelled in frustration, as she realized Dabi was being teleported away, only managing to kick the air once he was out of sight.

"Damn it! What a coward!" She spat out at Dabi, even though he was long gone now.

I looked up at Hawks, still curious about what he said earlier.

"Why did you tell me not to stop Dabi?" I mumbled at him, seeing his forehead bleeding from where the Nomu smacked him.

"Because you're really beat up. I didn't want you to overuse your quirk, more than you already have. That's all it was." He countered immediately, giving me a tired smile before quickly looking away.

I was quiet, trying my best to make sense of his words, as the sound of the ambulance sirens came into earshot.

After a few moments, the ambulance pulled up next to Endeavor, Hawks, and I, with nurses and doctors already piling out of it.

Hawks quickly explained the situations, and probable injuries that Endeavor and I had, as I was lifted onto a gurney.

This is unnecessary. Except for the fatigue and headache, I feel fine. I don't need a fucking ambulance.

"Hey. I'll meet you at the hospital in a few hours, okay?" Hawks said to me absentmindedly, rapidly texting someone on his phone.

His focus was clearly somewhere else. It has been for the past few minutes. Actually....now that I think about it, his focus has been somewhere else all day. Ever since we arrived to meet with Endeavor, he's been off.

"You should really get checked out for that cut on your forehead." I suggested, gesturing to the blood that was still running down his face. He's been so busy taking care of Endeavor and I that he never even bothered to tend to his own injuries.

He quickly tried wiping the dripping blood off his forehead, only causing it to smear on his face.

Seriously, what's his hurry.

"I know, and I will. But, there's something I need to take care of, first-reporters, and stuff like that. I'll see you later." He smiled, before quickly walking away.

What?

I narrowed my eyes, as I watched Hawks' fleeting figure...wondering why the hell he's been acting so weird today.

This bird boy clearly has secrets, and I'd like to find out what they are.