"LIKE I SAID BEFORE, ALL MIGHT RAISED HIS OTHER HAND!" Endeavor snapped, fighting the unconsciousness that obviously threatened to take him soon.

I felt a stinging sensation underneath my eye now, finally starting to feel the warm blood that was trailing down my face.

"Ah. It's bleeding again." Hawks mumbled to me, quickly pressing a towel underneath my eye.

He adjusted my position slightly, making me realize that my upper body was actually being propped up in his arms. He was basically holding me in his lap.

"Here. I can stand up." I mumbled, weakly attempting to shuffle out of his arms.

Hawks quickly tightened his hold on my body, preventing me from moving.

"No way, little chick. You took a pretty bad fall back there. I saw the whole thing from the sky. You went through a building. When I came to you, you were lying in a pool of your own blood, unresponsive as a rock. You had me worried there for a minute, until right now when you finally woke up. I'm propping you up because your cheekbone is bleeding...and when you lay flat, the blood goes into your eyes." He explained, caressing my uninjured cheek with his hand.

He was being very touchy right now. Maybe, it's because I almost died.

But, I had to admit....it felt very nice. I didn't want him to stop.

I couldn't help the soft moan that escaped my mouth from his touch. It wasn't a sexual moan, or anything like that. His coaxing caresses just relaxed me.

As much as I was hoping Hawks didn't hear my little sound....he did.

"Heh. You seem to like this, huh?" He mumbled in gentle amusement, slowing down his touches on my face to soothe me even more.

Normally, I'd come up with some smart ass comment to deflect from this soft moment with Hawks. But, being as dazed and tired as I was, my inhibitions were a little more...honest, unfortunately. I think Hawks was currently experiencing the same thing, as I don't think he'd normally just start caressing my face in the middle of the street. Him and I just went through something. We were exhausted, and it was showing.

"Yeah. I do." I breathed out, absentmindedly leaning my face into his hand.

Hawks lightly hummed in response, gently trailing his fingers back and forth on my skin. He pulled me closer against his body, only making me feel more relaxed.

"Hey, I never got a chance to thank you for what you did back there. You saved my life, chicky. Thanks. But, please....next time if you and I are both in danger, save yourself. Seriously, it's okay. I want you to." He stated, pushing my sweaty hair out of my face.

I laughed lazily at his words, resting my hand comfortably on his thigh.

"Oh please, bird boy. You're not the only one who gets to save lives around here. It was simple. You put your life in my hands, and I put mine in yours. Isn't that what heroes and sidekicks are supposed to do?" I retorted in amusement, purposely mimicking his words so he would know I was listening when he first said them.

Hawks chuckled softly, trailing his fingers down to my jaw now.

"Hey, maybe I just got hit in the head too hard, but it almost sounds like you actually listened to something I said." He teased, now tracing his touch from my jaw, down to my neck.

"Nah. You just got hit in the head too hard." I whispered, feeling my head fall back against his chest as I began falling asleep from his touches.

"Nuh-uh uh, little chick. You're not allowed to go back to sleep again. You need to stay awake until you get to the hospital. Stay awake, Ari..." Hawks stated tiredly, before the sound of footsteps cut off his words.