Jason Todd || The Bottom of the Abyss {Part Three}

Title: The Bottom of the Abyss

season 1.5

Y/n - Your Name
Y/s/n - Your Superhero Name
Note - Completely forgot that writing a story in parts means that when I finish one part, I have to make another. I'm absolutely disgusted by this ideology and frankly, disappointed. Anyway, enjoy.

This one is rather short.

𝑹𝑬-𝑪𝑨𝑷:

Just then, M'gann felt a strong mental reconnection of her bioship reaching within her range.
"Oh hey guys, I'll be right back. My bioship just got back," she gets up.

Wally furrows his eyebrows. "Wh—your bioship is back? What, does it just go on strolls on its own now?"

"No, silly. I let y/s/n borrow her for a mission. It seemed urgent and pretty important."

Nightwing narrows his eyes, "I'll go with you."

While the others decide what movie to watch, Nightwing follows M'gann. The docks open and the bioship comes inside.

"I feel like she could've kept better care of Bioship," M'gann tilts her head.

The bioship opens, greeting the both of them with the aroma of copper and sweat mixed together. M'gann slaps a hand over her mouth and turns away, terrified.

Nightwing steps around her to get a hold on the situation.

Two bodies. One slouched on a chair and one on the floor. Both next to each other. The one in the chair seemed to be barely breathing while the other didn't move at all.

"It's Robin and Y/s/n."

THIRD PERSON
Jason Todd

He slowly opens his eyes before quickly shutting them again, not reacting well to the brightness of everything around him. A glimpse of the white walls overwhelmed his vision. The hazy silhouette of a person comes into his line of vision when he squints. The person is wearing black and as far as he can remember,

"Y/n?" He asks, reaching out but falling short.

Light laughter responds, followed by "If only."

"What are you doing here?" He asks the unmistakable voice belonging to Dick Grayson. His vision settles in while trying to figure out what's happening.

Dick takes a deep breath, unsure of how to say what's on his mind. "Looking after you, of course. Making sure you don't go and get yourself kidnapped again."

Jason finally notices the tubes running into his arms and tangling him up. "What am I doing here?"

"We found you badly injured in M'gann's bioship."

The memories roll in like a wave, bringing him up to his last moments of consciousness. Aimlessly talking with y/n in the bioship, confessing feelings for each other. He needs to talk to her now.

"Where's y/n?" He asks. He's gotta make fun of her for overreacting before asking her out in the same sentence. "I gotta see her," he chuckles.

"Well, that's... that's the thing." Dick starts, and his mouth is left ajar as he tries to find the next words to say. Jason's grin dies down.

"What's wrong?" He asks, but he already knows the answer. His eyes begin welling up, he blinks furiously and stares at the ceiling ahead of him.

"Y/n is gone. When we found her in the bioship, she wasn't moving but I felt a pulse," Jason covers his face with his hands as Dick continues. Dick's head lowers, "She took on too many injuries and bled out on the operating table."